#1 Mizzo

Mizzo

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 04:37 PM

Hello all,

My DD is going to six flags tomorrow and I plan on packing her lunch and dinner but am wondering if there are any food or snack options . Springfield Ma. six flags

ANyone have any actual experience at this Six flags?

She is going with another family so I cannot check out the options myself and I have not had luck getting thru via phone to informative people there.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 sariesue

sariesue

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:22 AM

The only thing I know about the food at 6 flags is that outside food is NOT allowed in the park, you have to go through the easy process of leaving your park, getting your hand stamped, then returning through the proper gate. You must eat outside food in the parking lot. They won't even let you bring in a water bottle. I tried last summer, when it was over 90 out and I take a medication where you need to drink tons of water and I still wasn't allowed to take it in since they sell water in the park.

#3 allergyprone

allergyprone

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:37 AM

I have not been to that specific park but i have been to two others and neither had any gluten-free options
also even though you are not allowed to bring food into the park you can get a dr note and they will let you bring in food (did this for a class trip when i wasn't alowed to leave the park) and then you can get a locker inside to store the food in until lunch. I would make sure that the family she is going with is well aware of how strict of a diet she is on so they don't offer her unsafe things.
best of luck

#4 Mizzo

Mizzo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:45 AM

Update:

Six flags New England offers 2 gluten free foods :dippity dots and soft serve ice cream , lol
i was told no problem bringing food into park for Celiacs as they have no alternative food options.

The family is very much aware of the issue's and even caught a mistake I made this past summer, SO I know she won't be getting anything unsafe. Just stinks she is only one bringing her own food for dinner, all 6 of the others will be eating there.

Oh well the rides should make it worth it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: