2 replies to this topic

#1 kdonov2

kdonov2

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:00 PM

Does anyone know if this product is gluten free? I stupidly bought a pint as it was on sale and I saw that it was vegan. I guess I had thought that I checked it out and found it safe, but the back label said that the sorbet was made on the same equipment as milk and wheat. Although it sounds like it is cc'ed, many manufacturers clean their equipment between uses.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 heatherjane

heatherjane

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:17 AM

Does anyone know if this product is gluten free? I stupidly bought a pint as it was on sale and I saw that it was vegan. I guess I had thought that I checked it out and found it safe, but the back label said that the sorbet was made on the same equipment as milk and wheat. Although it sounds like it is cc'ed, many manufacturers clean their equipment between uses.

They have some info on their website: http://www.ciaobellagelato.com/#/faq

#3 CBGelato

CBGelato

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:12 AM

Hello.

I am from Ciao Bella and would like to help you with your questions/concerns. If you are looking for gluten-free gelato/sorbet - you are in luck! All of Ciao Bella's sorbet flavors are gluten free and only a handful of our gelato flavors contain gluten. The ones that do are easy to spot: Key Lime Graham, Maple Ginger Snap, Belgian Chocolate Smores, and Malted Milk Ball.

Our sorbet is made on the same equipment as dairy/wheat, but we have a very rigorous sanitation process to protect against contaminants and allergens.

If you have more specific questions, feel free to ask on the board or email me at info@ciaobellagelato.com.

All the best,
Bryan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: