5 replies to this topic

#1 hillary_henry@yahoo.com

hillary_henry@yahoo.com

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 09:26 AM

I printed out the new mainstream food list it doesn't have ruffles brand or dorritos listed anymore does that mean they contain gluten?

Thanks Hillary

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Aightball

Aightball

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 09:36 AM

I don't know about Dorito's (I can't have them because of the cheese and ranch in them), but I know that Plain and BBQ ruffels are safe. I eat the plain ones all the time, and they don't bother me.

What about Applesauce from a jar? Anything in there to make a person sick either dairy- or gluten-wise?

#3 lrothlewis

lrothlewis

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 07:37 PM

Go to the web site www.fritolay.com/nutition/glutefree.shtml for a list of all gluten free products made by frito lay. Doritos are on the list!!! So are many others. It was a lifesaver for keeping my 3 celiac disease kids!! :D

#4 lrothlewis

lrothlewis

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 07:39 PM

;) If you have a question about products, start with the manufacturer. I have found many great resources that way. We were only diagnosed a few weeks ago. Good Luck!

#5 hillary_henry@yahoo.com

hillary_henry@yahoo.com

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 March 2004 - 08:28 AM

Hi
I called the manufacture and got the website. Im a little concerned the person I spoke with told me that some of the products are gluten free but they do process them on they same line as products that contain gluten so if you are real sensitive to gluten you may want to avoid their product. What concerns me is even if you dont have the symptoms from the small traces of gluten it is still doing you damage.

#6 plantime

plantime

My two handsome grandsons

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 18 March 2004 - 10:02 AM

The Nacho Cheesier Doritos packages I have read list wheat flour as one of the ingredients. You have to read each package, each time, because ingredients change.
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: