#1 kledford

kledford

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 06:56 PM

Ms. Ledford,

Thank you so much for contacting us. I think that I can give you some good options regarding gluten free food. First let me start with our barbecue sauce. It contains distilled vinegar which some folks with gluten allergies have told me is a problem while others have said it is not. Iíll let you answer this based on your history. As for our barbecue meats our pork, beef, ham and turkey are all fine. Our ribs and chickens are basted in our sauce while cooking so if the vinegar is alright youíll be fine with these as well. While you obviously would not want to eat a sandwich because of the bread this does open you up to several possibilities. First and most apparent would be a barbecue plate (minus cheese biscuits). Trimmings that would definitely be safe are our mashed potatoes and fresh cut fries (the other trimmings do have varying amounts of wheat products). Our coleslaw does have distilled cider vinegar in it and our baked beans have our barbecue sauce in them, this obviously goes back to the point made regarding distilled vinegars. If you get the mashed potatoes do stay away from our gravies as they are flour thickened. To branch out from our plates you could try one of our various salads minus the croutons. Our 1000 Island or Honey Mustard dressings are okay for you to eat. If you like something lighter on your salads we have a good extra virgin olive oil that you could use with a squeeze of lemon or vinegar if that is acceptable to your diet. Another great way to enjoy our barbecue is on one of our loaded baked potatoes.Getting away from barbecue you might like to try our catfish. It is a corn meal breading that is gluten free and people love it. You could try one of our ribeye steaks also. In the Munchies corner of the menu the Smoked Pork Hot Links (minus the Saltines) would be alright and you could sample our homemade pimento cheese with them. As for the catfish and the fries, there are breaded items fried in the same fryers as non breaded items. I am not sure if this would be of concern to you or not.I hope this information is helpful and has given you some options that you can enjoy. If there are any items that I have not covered that you are interested in please let me know. We hope to see you at Jim ĎN Nickís soon.

Sincerely,

David Gadilhe

Local Owner

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,237 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 07:03 PM

TO me, that is a wonderfully thoughtful response. I would give that place a try at a not busy time. Where is this located?

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#3 kledford

kledford

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 07:24 PM

I too thought it was a great response, he gave me a lot of options and it he was very thorough!! I did eat there tonight and it was great! I was comfortable to order and knew what to expect...They are mostly in Alabama and Georgia but they have a few locations in COlorado...this is from their website www.nicknjims.com. My response was from Prattville, AL and I was just so pleased I had to share the good news and good food!

ALABAMA
5 Points
Alabaster
Gardendale
Greystone
Homewood
Riverchase
Trussville
Jasper
Montgomery
Prattville

COLORADO
Aurora
Northfield

FLORIDA
Niceville
Destin

GEORGIA
Conyers
Hiram
South Cobb
Cumming
Suwanee

NORTH
CAROLINA
Charlotte

SOUTH
CAROLINA
Bluffton
Charleston
N. Charleston

TENNESSEE
Memphis
Murfreesboro
Nashville
Smyrna

COMING SOON
Tuscaloosa, AL
NOW HIRING

#4 Jen Z

Jen Z

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:32 AM

Oh, there is one in Charlotte, NC. I can give them a try too!
raynauds 6/85
GERD 12/06
celiac 10/11
sjogrens 12/11

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: