No replies to this topic

#1 celiash

celiash

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 11:44 AM

This is a SUPER DUPER easy recipe and good for a quick snack when your craving something sweet. I do warn you though they can be very addictive 

1 Cup Peanut Butter
1 1/2 Cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 Tablespoon PURE vanilla extract
1/2 Cup 10x Powderd Sugar
9 Cups (1 regular box) Gluten Free Honey Nut Chex

Mix chocolate and peanut butter in a sauce pan on low heat, when you see it starting to melt take it off the heat and mix until smooth (do not keep on heat for too long as chocolate will gum up) this can also be done in the microwave. In a big mixing bowl add the chex cereal and pour the chocolate mixture over it, mix carefully until all of it is covered. Then you want to add the powdered sugar I find the easiest way is to pour mixture into a big zip lock add the sugar and mix until covered, then spread onto parchment paper to cool and set. In the end you should have a nice little treat to much on. You can add all kinds of nuts or any other gluten-free cereals for a trail mix type. I like to add the nuts in after so you get a few salty bites mixed into the sweet.

One more thing is you can add some melted marshmallows to the peanut butter and chocolate mixture and make a square type dessert, just bypass the powered sugar and add about 10 jumbo marshmallows

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: