Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Protein Powder (Really Reallly This Time)

• Please log in to reply

3 replies to this topic

#1 Oaty Boy

Oaty Boy

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:40 PM

I've read up on (and bought) several "gluten free" soy protein/soy flours. Then I find I can't get out of bed, etc, check and find they make wheat flours. And irresponsibly label their stuff "gluten free" anyway. And I'm getting tired of it.

So does anyone know of a TRULY CC-free soy flour? Or protein isolate/high-protein flours in general?

Thanks for sharing.

------------------Oaty Boy

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 beefree11

beefree11

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 05:42 PM

Not 100%, but I found this:

My link Actually, this is "Erin's link" Not mine :) I am just copy/pasting for you!!

This company---True Protein---http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_Details.aspx?cid=22&pid=6816

None of our protein, carbohydrate, or flavoring materials will contain any form of wheat or wheat gluten. The only product that contains wheat gluten will be our Glutamine Peptides, which is maintained in an isolated storage unit within our clean oom facility to remove any risk of cross-contamination. Wheat gluten products are manufactured within our facility.”

Just to be certain, I contacted Carl at True Protein. This was his response (within 24 hours of when the email was sent): “The only item we carry that will contain even trace elements of Gluten will be the Glutamine Peptides and any custom product selected using that ingredient. We follow strict GMPs that have been designed using ISO9001 guidelines, with 0% chance for cross contamination within our facility. Thanks again and please dont hesitate to contact us with any additional questions or requests.” (Erin’s note-GMP=good manufacturing practices)

"Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself. Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them -- every day begin the task anew."

Saint Francis de Sales

#3 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,767 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:42 AM

Have you considered that you may be soy intolerant in addition to gluten? I thought for a long time that much of my gluten-free stuff was CC'd when it was actually the soy in the product I was reacting to.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#4 Oaty Boy

Oaty Boy

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:15 AM

Have you considered that you may be soy intolerant in addition to gluten? I thought for a long time that much of my gluten-free stuff was CC'd when it was actually the soy in the product I was reacting to.

I'm intolerant of soy estrogens only, otherwise soy is fine for me. So I ferment away the estrogens and it's fine. Good point though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: