Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

One Step Closer...

3 posts in this topic

Well, I'm giving my gluten free diet and newfound health even more props now! Before we got married, my husband and I made the decision for me to discontinue my Depo shots with the hopes of conceiving fairly quickly (I'm 35 and he's 40) and knowing it can take a while for the drug to get out of a woman's system. My last injection was in February (with one due in May which I chose to not have). At my annual in August, my new (did I mention a 1000 mile move when I got married???) OBGYN was insistant that we NEEDED to get my period started IMMEDIATELY and wanted to do hormone injections right then. This goes against my 'natural' is best philosophy, so I opted out of it, but she gave me until the end of Sept for my body to work it out on it's own or come in for the injections. Well, I went gluten free in mid-September and 'forgot' to call her at the end of the month to line up the injections. Low and behold, barely over one month after kicking the gluten to the curb, my body took care of itself and my period started yesterday! Though I really hate having periods again (it was so nice to not have to worry about my monthly visitor, PMS, cramps, etc.), I'm so excited about what that means toward our hope of conceiving in the near future!

Ads by Google:

Yay for ovulating!! :D