2 replies to this topic

#1 jswog

jswog

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:09 PM

Well, I'm giving my gluten free diet and newfound health even more props now! Before we got married, my husband and I made the decision for me to discontinue my Depo shots with the hopes of conceiving fairly quickly (I'm 35 and he's 40) and knowing it can take a while for the drug to get out of a woman's system. My last injection was in February (with one due in May which I chose to not have). At my annual in August, my new (did I mention a 1000 mile move when I got married???) OBGYN was insistant that we NEEDED to get my period started IMMEDIATELY and wanted to do hormone injections right then. This goes against my 'natural' is best philosophy, so I opted out of it, but she gave me until the end of Sept for my body to work it out on it's own or come in for the injections. Well, I went gluten free in mid-September and 'forgot' to call her at the end of the month to line up the injections. Low and behold, barely over one month after kicking the gluten to the curb, my body took care of itself and my period started yesterday! Though I really hate having periods again (it was so nice to not have to worry about my monthly visitor, PMS, cramps, etc.), I'm so excited about what that means toward our hope of conceiving in the near future!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 pricklypear1971

pricklypear1971

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:32 PM

That's great news!
Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. ~ Mark Twain

Probable Endometriosis, in remission from childbirth since 2002.
Hashimoto's DX 2005.
Gluten-Free since 6/2011.
DH (and therefore Celiac) dx from ND
Responsive to iodine withdrawal for DH (see quote, above).

Genetic tests reveal half DQ2, half DQ8 - I'm a weird bird!

#3 Poppi

Poppi

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:53 PM

Yay for ovulating!! :D

Sara

Busy mom to 3 great kids (4, 8 and 18)

Gluten free since April 6, 2011 ~ Also sensitive to coconut, coffee and food dyes

Joint pain, mouth sores, back and neck pain, migraines, stomach pain, chronic fatigue, ADD and depression are all gone.
Wishing I had been diagnosed before celiac robbed me of the cartilage in my toes and the 3 babies we lost to miscarriages.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: