Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Word Search Help For Gluten Free Magazine

16 posts in this topic

I told the mom daughter team I'd help them with their magazine on gluten.net. Can you all help me with a list of yummy things to eat for Thanksgiving that are gluten free please. She's offered to have the kids at my kids' school help her and I need your help. :) We need to make a word search. Can you ask your kids to help you come up with a list of yummy gluten free things that could be put into a word search. This could be fun. Hope some of you can help me. Ex. pumpkin pie

Ads by Google:

My son's favorite is cranberry sauce.

Black olives, rice stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, peas, chocolate, truffles, whipped cream (for the pumpkin pie!), stuffed celery, and lots of stuff I can't think of!

Turkey. :)

Green beans with mushrooms

Nuts of all kinds

I'll need a few more. Anything unusual? My family likes crawdads on Thanksgiving, right out of the Sacramento River. :blink: The also eat elk and duck and mountain gaot.

Our neighbors have duck. I had lasagna a couple of times.

Kangaroo? Can you get it there?

And I lurve rabbit.

Fruit salad, deviled eggs, pickles (on the relish tray with the olives), baked apples, corn, oh my goodness I am looking forward to Thanksgiving!!

That is great. Please share what turducken is. Sorry I don't know. Sounds good. :)

It's a southern thing, a chicken stuffed inside a duck stuffed inside a turkey (believe it or not)!

cornbread

stuffing

mincemeat pie

ham

Jello salad

I also remember that episode of "Everybody Loves Raymond" where they decide to have fish instead of turkey...

ETA:

green beans

marshmallows

eggnog

sparkling cider

Edited by wheeleezdryver

Thanks a bunch. I'm going to try to get this done for them.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• Hi.  I have been reading your post and thinking about how my pain was around diagnosis.  It was above the belly button, I think where you are describing.  At the time I assumed I had a stomach ulcer.   I had been taking Neurofen for an ear problem and assumed it was the NSAID that had caused my stomach ulcer (which I actually didn't have, when I had an endoscopy a few weeks later my stomach was looking great! My small intestine was not!).   Going back to the pain, it was a burning feeling.   My doctor prescribed Omeprazole but it didn't touch it.   In fact I ended up with bad D. which eventually lead to me having all the tests for Celiac Disease.   I still get that pain if I eat oats (pure oats) that are supposed to be OK for most Celiacs.     I get various pains in different places in my digestive tract from time to time, but that burning pain is something I won't forget. The other thing I had that you mention was that pain between the shoulder blades.  I had that - I felt almost like someone was pushing my shoulders down.  So odd. I get palpitations when I am anemic.    I hope you get some answers soon.  It is pretty tough having to keep going from one doctor to another, but sometimes it is the only way.   
    • I sit in an ice bath after a long training (running or riding).  It speeds my recovery, I swear!  
    • Oh, one last thing..... ICE PACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You'll feel better. Hey, you have a tub? Want to join the polar bear club in the privacy of your own home? Fill that thing with cold water & dump a 5 or 10 lb bag of ice in there. I'm serious.
    • I don't care what she specializes in, you MAKE her do a dh biopsy. I'm not being mean. Please understand that. It's just that I've heard this a thousand times before - no, a thousand one hundred!  Here's another thing ~~~ get her to order a eTG aka TG3 serum (blood test). That is specific for dh.  Oh gosh! Don't you just hate the ones in your ears???!!!!! Nah, we hate ALL of them! I swear though, when those suckers get going in & on your ears it just drives you stark raving mad!!!!! You've convinced me there is more than ample reason to strongly suspect it's dh.  Here's a tip..... the patterning the lab will be looking for is very easily destroyed by scratching so pick you out some prime places that are new & maybe, just maybe you haven't scratched them to smithereens thus far, and make some super thick gauze bandages & place them over those places so even if you reach to scratch (& we know you will! right?) the gauze will remind you & hopefully help to protect it. The biopsy needs to be taken from a clear area adjacent to a fresh lesion. No steroid creams okay? Not till after the biopsy. BTW, if she wants to put you on steroids after the biopsy be warned, 99% of the time there is such a backlash of the rash the moment you go off the steroid that you will wish you were never born. A dx of dh IS a dx of celiac disease & no further testing is needed. Please come back & update us after you see her tomorrow. In the meantime you have my heartfelt sympathy. Take those cold showers & grit your teeth. Hopefully you will soon be able to go gluten free & start getting some relief.   
    • Extremely itchy and keeps me up at night to the point I was taking cold showers at 3am.   Currently my ears, scalp, feet, and chin just will not stop itching, my elbows have the rash and look purple. Eventually the rash will heal and leaves scars that seem to be purplish in color. I have not tried gluten free diet yet.  Waiting for all the testing to stop.  The new allergist i am seeing tomorrow specializes in skin disorders.
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Celiac C.