2 replies to this topic

#1 knowledgeispower

knowledgeispower

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 04:29 PM

Will I still have to remove all traces of gluten from my diet, even very small ones? Why don't I have the symptoms described in a lot of these posts?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kendon0015

kendon0015

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 05:54 PM

PLEASE get a stool test, it may be something else. I made that mistake, and 6 months later did something about it and I'm currently being treated for C Diff, a "lovely" intestinal bacterial infection. I have to admit, I do feel much better having been gluten free all this time. Last week, my celiac panel came back negative, of course.

#3 knowledgeispower

knowledgeispower

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:42 PM

Thanks for your reply, kendon. I did have that done already, and all the necessary blood tests to rule out other things. Next in line is another colonoscopy, which I just had three years ago for my first routine check for cancer. The only other thing she will test for is a bacteria I could have picked up in Mexico, but it's not likely because she seems so sure it's celiac. I feel overwhelmed at the prospect of watching every little drop I eat, including buying bulk because it could be contaminated also from a previous gluten product.

It's good that what you really have can be treated and gotten rid of. Actually, after reading
about gluten, I probably would cut a lot out of my diet at this point anyway, but it's a little inconvenient to watch so carefully, and gluten free doesn't always taste good, like bread for instance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: