19 replies to this topic

#16 dilettantesteph

dilettantesteph

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:46 AM

Glad you are improving. If you aren't already, keep a food journal. Write down what you eat and how you feel. It makes it easier to figure things out. Keep track of brand names too.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Strawberry_Jam

Strawberry_Jam

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:01 AM

noted.

reflux back today, bad as ever. but the past two or three days were much improved. I introduced too much back into the diet at once, probably, and will simplify diet again pronto.

with reflux, shouldn't it be that the last thing you ate is causing it? not something eaten the day before or before even that? my instinct is to say, "oh well I ate that today so i should avoid that," but there is no rhyme or reason to the reflux because I can have it on an empty stomach, after drinking water, after eating carbs, after eating no carbs, after eating no fat or oil, after eating oil, and on and on. just 24/7 reflux that has no beginning or ending.

the antacids i take to combat it actually work in short term but i think they may make it worse in long term. once they're gone I won't buy more unless i'm absolutely dying...
gluten-free 25 Feb 2011
soy-free 30 March 2011

dairy-free 30 August 2011 (roughly)

22 yrs old
diagnosed Celiac through biopsy and blood test (WAY positive) as of 25 Feb 2011

#18 Jenniferxgfx

Jenniferxgfx

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:10 PM

I get reflux symptoms a few hours later in some cases (certain foods). It's usually soon after but sometimes my dinner will wake me in the night. :/

glutenfree since 6/2011. sick for 30 years.

borderline blood test, negative biopsy.

SEVERELY sensitive celiac with DH. sensitive to contact and ingestion.

asthma (was severe; improved exponentially after 6/11)

spina bifida & childhood SCI at L4/L5 (possibly complicated by weak bones)

countless fractures and infections.

i once listed over 100 symptoms or conditions that improved or were eliminated after 6/11.

very vegan. and, of course, i've also discovered some other food allergies.

#19 dilettantesteph

dilettantesteph

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 07:40 AM

My son gets reflux two days after eating the problem item. It takes me a day to notice most symptoms. I think that it is different for everyone and for each symptom, and varies depending on how much cc you get. Isn't it fun how hard this is to figure out!

#20 Strawberry_Jam

Strawberry_Jam

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:25 AM

ugh, I know.

reflux is not gone, but it is a lot better. D is gone. new symptom: crazy bloating and burping gas. whyyyyy

anyway, I went to buy a brand-new bag of red lentils since I've been enjoying them, but I looked in the bag and saw obvious CC with split peas and green lentils, and a grain I did not recognise that might be a strain of wheat. So, it seems obvious to me that even though tesco-brand dried beans etc. do not list wheat CC in the allergen box the way they list nut CC, they're prolly contaminated. I am going to give up all tesco-brand grains (I was eating their long grain rice), beans, legumes, etc. I will keep eating tesco brand veg and potatoes though.

I am trying a new thing... white potatoes, peeled & mashed with sea salt, meats of various types, canned green beans, frozen brussels sprouts, eggs. am I missing any nutrients? this is just for a week or so and I have a multi. I am trying to avoid fructose, salicylates, and possible gluten CC. just until the reflux is gone or mild enough that I can "test" foods.

in the meantime I will research and see if there are any TESTED gluten-free brands of rice or lentils available in Dublin, Ireland.

also, I want to "test" goat casein eventually because I heard that one person who couldn't have cow casein could have other kinds. Is this silly and a waste of time or is it common to be ok with goat casein and not cow casein?
gluten-free 25 Feb 2011
soy-free 30 March 2011

dairy-free 30 August 2011 (roughly)

22 yrs old
diagnosed Celiac through biopsy and blood test (WAY positive) as of 25 Feb 2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: