Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

The Body Shop - Gluten Free

6 posts in this topic

I recently contacted The Body Shop to see if any of their products are gluten free as i am super sensitive via touch as well as digesting it -- thought i'd share my reply from them! :-)

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your email and interest in The Body Shop! We have provided you with a compiled list of our products that do not contain gluten attached to this email.

Gluten is a protein found in wheat, oats, barley and rye which is found in many products. The reason we recommend consulting a physician is due to the fact there is no way for us to predict how an ingredient will affect individuals. Each person is different and an item not containing gluten may have come from a vendor that produces products that do contain gluten in the same machine. Therefore, there may be a very small trace left behind in the machine after cleaning. Depending on the severity of your reaction this trace amount may not affect you, where another person may have a very bad reaction. Gluten is not tested for due to the fact that is used intentionally in some products.

All our product formulations are subject to careful evaluation by independent external safety assessors and adhere to strict criteria.

Customers concerned about an allergy should carefully read the product label to ensure that the product contains no ingredients they are allergic to. . Please know that the ingredients to all our products, in addition to being listed on our products, can now be obtained from the website www.thebodyshop.com. Once you have selected the item you are interested in, click on the

Ads by Google:

Thats awesome, thank you so much for sharing! I love Body Shop products. I assume the ones we have here in Australia would be the same...? I cant see why not.

Thats awesome, thank you so much for sharing! I love Body Shop products. I assume the ones we have here in Australia would be the same...? I cant see why not.

Don't assume they are the same. I bought my first Body Shop products while living in Hong Kong years ago and when I moved back to the States I found some products either weren't available or were slightly different due to differences between UK and US regulations.

I would say if they're giving you an updated list, then go with it! :) Some companies don't give us anything, so I say that's a good start. Also, it is rare that companies will test for gluten in their cosmetics, so their response about "trace amounts" is a standard disclaimer.

And, keep in mind that lot of the info on this forum and the internet can be outdated or incorrect, so you have to take it w/ a grain of salt.

I don't use any of their cosmetics, but I do have some pink grapefruit body wash, and soaps, and I have had no reaction.

and availability of ingredients would differ perhaps in different parts of the world as well.