46 replies to this topic

#31 glutenfreemamax2

glutenfreemamax2

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:23 PM

Well my trianer just cancelled my tuesdays. She can keep my fridas which I have yet to make. Ugh. Now I have to get my ass in gear and do it myself.
Gluten free since 10/1/10
3 year old gluten free since 10/16/10
Diagnosed with IBS in 2000
Appeared on the Dr.Phil Show 9/23/10
started working with Dr.Phil's nurtitionist and he discovered the gluten/dairy intolerance
Labs drawn on 10/16/10 waiting on results
10 pounds and 15 inches off so far!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 AVR1962

AVR1962

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:17 PM

Put cauliflower, squash and potatoes in chicken broth, mashed the veggies down like mashed potatoes and served it with a vegetable based gluten-free gravy. It actually turned out pretty good, and loaded with nutrients!
Yesterday is not ours to recover but today is ours to win or lose!

Miscarriage, Kidney stones, Anemia, Pneumonia, Migraines, Restless leg, Bone fractures, Blurred/Double vision, Extreme fatigue, Bone & Joint Pain, Thyroid nodule, Celiac diagnosed 2011, Spine and leg bone loss, GERD, Vitamin deficiencies, Malabsorbtion, Neuropathy issues, Ataxia, Raynaud's Syndrome. Currently on diet with limited grain and sugar.

#33 glutenfreemamax2

glutenfreemamax2

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:34 AM

That sounds really good. I had a nice big bowl of veggie chicken soup last night. I also had some pork tenderloin.

I took the kids to the park yeaterday(walked/jogged) and did my normal workout that my trainer does with me. I'm sore today.

Been going through a lot of emotional crap lately- today I turn 30 and I don't know if its related or not.....and chocolate in the house doesn't help
started working with Dr.Phil's nurtitionist and he discovered the gluten/dairy intolerance

#34 AVR1962

AVR1962

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:21 AM

That sounds really good. I had a nice big bowl of veggie chicken soup last night. I also had some pork tenderloin.

I took the kids to the park yeaterday(walked/jogged) and did my normal workout that my trainer does with me. I'm sore today.

Been going through a lot of emotional crap lately- today I turn 30 and I don't know if its related or not.....and chocolate in the house doesn't help

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! 30 is a great age!!

Miscarriage, Kidney stones, Anemia, Pneumonia, Migraines, Restless leg, Bone fractures, Blurred/Double vision, Extreme fatigue, Bone & Joint Pain, Thyroid nodule, Celiac diagnosed 2011, Spine and leg bone loss, GERD, Vitamin deficiencies, Malabsorbtion, Neuropathy issues, Ataxia, Raynaud's Syndrome. Currently on diet with limited grain and sugar.

#35 AVR1962

AVR1962

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:22 AM

My purposeful activity today was raking leaves! Beautiful day for it!!

#36 AVR1962

AVR1962

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:12 AM

3 sets free-weight bench press @ 40 lbs
3 sets free-weight tricep work, 10-20 lbs per arm
1 set backwards fly for outer shoulder, 10 lb per arm
75 abs repetitions

#37 glutenfreemamax2

glutenfreemamax2

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:44 AM

Eating pretty crappy. Woke up at 1 this morning, fell back asleep at6, then up at 6:30. If you count crying and breastfeeding, thoes are the only calories I've burned.

Yesterday I made homemade cheeze it's. I used earth balance and there is 100 cal per tablespoon. I used 3 tblsp in it, and ate the whole thing on top of chocolate. I'm going to have to cut dairy I think. Don't know if it's emotional stress or the dairy but my stomach is killing me.

#38 AVR1962

AVR1962

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:10 AM

Eating pretty crappy. Woke up at 1 this morning, fell back asleep at6, then up at 6:30. If you count crying and breastfeeding, thoes are the only calories I've burned.

Yesterday I made homemade cheeze it's. I used earth balance and there is 100 cal per tablespoon. I used 3 tblsp in it, and ate the whole thing on top of chocolate. I'm going to have to cut dairy I think. Don't know if it's emotional stress or the dairy but my stomach is killing me.

Goodness, no fun with the stomach! I had to cut dairy out as well. I can eat aged cheeses but I stay away from butter and milk.

#39 wheeleezdryver

wheeleezdryver

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:44 PM

finally got a chance to weigh myself yesterday--247.4-- much as I hate that #(it means I've regained 40 lbs, give or take!! (I'm tall, my goal weight is 182, higest known weight was about 289, lowest weight since starting to loose weight 5 years ago was about 209)--- I'm happy with it b/c honestly, I thought it would be in th 250's, or even 260. Now I just gotta get it going back down, instead of up!

HAven't had much energy lately, but I have been able to do some light exercise 3 days this week. hoping I can go out for a walk this evening.
Becky (me)-35yo; hypothyroid 8yrs (symptoms at least 1 yr prior); Plantar Fasciitis (PF) (tendonitis in foot) 4 yrs; ovary & softball size cyst removed Feb 2008; Sleep Apnea 3yrs; Dec 2008- realized wheat affects hormones-- went semi- gluten-free (aka, gluten lite!). Interstitial Cystitis (IC, aka painful bladder syndrome) (self dx. controlled by diet- can't have acidic foods/ drinks). July 2010-- realized there was more going on, was going to do the sensitivity/ Celiac testing, decided it wasn't worth it! Am now truely learning to live the gluten- free lifestyle!
My DH-38 yo; born w/ Spastic cerebral palsy. legally blind, uses wheelchair. back surgery Aug 2007, has continued back troubles.

#40 glutenfreemamax2

glutenfreemamax2

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:26 PM

I need to get my portions in check. I shipped all the Halloween candy out. Something is bothering the baby. I don't know if Its tge cheese I've been eating the chocolate or the 1 egg I ate yesterday.

I worked out (half assed) with my trainer. Dr wants me to check my thyroid. Getting rid of the candy will help, but I had 2 big portions of white rice spagetti for dinner with greasy sauce, then lots of cookies. Going to work on cutting the dairy as well. I need to do something drastic. I'm thinking dairy because it includes my weakness- chocolate. I know dairy is an issue, but it's soo good.

#41 AVR1962

AVR1962

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:51 PM

Good on the weigh-in GlutenFreeMama! I am a cheese lover myself. Aged hard cheeses lose their lactose so you might consider them instead of the newer soft cheeses. I eat nothing labeled with lactose. Any milk I drink is eithr rice or almond. You can make it work and feeling better is so much nicer!

#42 AVR1962

AVR1962

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:18 AM

Weigh-in wasn't a surprise, same weight....too mnay chips and not enough exercise last week! Hope to get back to better eating habits this week.

#43 glutenfreemamax2

glutenfreemamax2

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:55 AM

I am up 2 pounds. I have been eating portions that are to big and not enough exercise. I just got p90x. Now I have to find the motivation.

#44 celiac-mommy

celiac-mommy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:38 PM

I was in Phoenix for a conference last week and came home with a weird stomach bug. I'm now down to 162...

Rachelle, are you eating corn tortillas?

Brown rice most of the time

I am up 2 pounds. I have been eating portions that are to big and not enough exercise. I just got p90x. Now I have to find the motivation.

I didn't lose any weight on the P90x, gained muscle, though

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

#45 AVR1962

AVR1962

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:04 AM

finally got a chance to weigh myself yesterday--247.4-- much as I hate that #(it means I've regained 40 lbs, give or take!! (I'm tall, my goal weight is 182, higest known weight was about 289, lowest weight since starting to loose weight 5 years ago was about 209)--- I'm happy with it b/c honestly, I thought it would be in th 250's, or even 260. Now I just gotta get it going back down, instead of up!

HAven't had much energy lately, but I have been able to do some light exercise 3 days this week. hoping I can go out for a walk this evening.

Energy is a tough one, been struggling a bit with it myself with the lack of sunshine.

I did want to share with you ladies a website that helps you tab your calories if anyone is interested. It is free unless you want personal guidence and then there is a monthly fee for a better membership. For me, I find it really shows me what my diet looks like when I have it logged. Then I see how much calories the potato chips and the cookies are and try to make better choices. It calculates your amount of calories from the foods you select, you can type in your own items and their nutrients, it does an auto calc of your total fats, sugar, sodium, carbs, protein, etc. You can set a goal of so much weight loss for a certain amount of time and then it will calc what your daily intake should be to achieve it. The site is www.my-calorie-counter.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: