18 replies to this topic

#1 K8ling

K8ling

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:47 PM

Hey guys! I'm so sorry I have been away for a few months, the wifi at my inlaws was spotty at best. Anyway, I had the baby on 9/28/11 and brought all my own gluten-free food to the hospital- they weren't sure how to feed me so they went to PUBLIX and bought an Amys bowl! I was like "Um, I hope you didn't bill my insurance for that..."

Jacob was 9 pounds, 11 oz... amazing what a healthy diet can do for you AND your kiddos! I can't wait to jump back in now that I am home. The husband is still deployed (and may be extended) soooo... I guess I'll just have to cook to keep busy haha
Diagnosed with Gluten Allergy April 2010. Family history of Celiac disease and bowel cancers. Already feeling a billion times better since going gluten free.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,122 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:53 PM

I was just thinking about you the other day! Wondered if the the (not so) little one had arrived. Congrats!

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:01 PM

Welcome back! and welcome Jacob!!
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#4 mommida

mommida

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:11 PM

:D Congratulations!!!!! :D Holy moley K8tling you gave birth to a little linebacker!!!!! ;) B)
Michigan

#5 anabananakins

anabananakins

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:27 PM

I was just wondering the other day where you'd gone. Congratulations!!!!! Welcome Jacob, yay!

#6 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:27 PM

We have missed you. Congratulations and hope hub gets to meet Jacob soon!
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#7 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,743 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:31 PM

Congratulations and welcome back.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#8 kitgordon

kitgordon

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:32 PM

Congratulations! Enjoy him; they grow so fast, and I hope your husband will be home soon.

#9 wheeleezdryver

wheeleezdryver

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:57 PM

congrats!!!!
Becky (me)-35yo; hypothyroid 8yrs (symptoms at least 1 yr prior); Plantar Fasciitis (PF) (tendonitis in foot) 4 yrs; ovary & softball size cyst removed Feb 2008; Sleep Apnea 3yrs; Dec 2008- realized wheat affects hormones-- went semi- gluten-free (aka, gluten lite!). Interstitial Cystitis (IC, aka painful bladder syndrome) (self dx. controlled by diet- can't have acidic foods/ drinks). July 2010-- realized there was more going on, was going to do the sensitivity/ Celiac testing, decided it wasn't worth it! Am now truely learning to live the gluten- free lifestyle!
My DH-38 yo; born w/ Spastic cerebral palsy. legally blind, uses wheelchair. back surgery Aug 2007, has continued back troubles.

#10 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:01 PM

Congrats and welcome to little Jacob! We've missed you :)
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#11 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,061 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:13 PM

YAYYY K8!!!!! sounds like you are doing great (except the hubby away part) 9lb 11oz dang it, girl :D sounds like he is pretty healthy! such great news :) and jacob is one of my favorite names: my great grandfather's name and my nephew/Godson's name: jacob. hope dad gets to come home soon. we are stillllll waiting for daughter's husband to get back (extended :( we feel ya) hopefully in february *crosses fingers*

so glad everything is well! :)

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#12 cyberprof

cyberprof

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:34 PM

I'm such a sap. It brought tears to my eyes. I hope dad gets to see Jacob soon and wishing you all the best.
Diagnosed by biopsy 2/12/07. Negative blood tests. Gluten-free (except for accidents) since 2/15/07. DQ2.5 (HLA DQA1*05:DQB1*0201)

Son, age 18, previously delayed growth 3rd percentile weight, 25th percentile height (5'3" at age 15). Negative blood work. Endoscopy declined. Enterolab positive 3/12/08. Gene results: HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201 HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0503 Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,1(Subtype 2,5) Went gluten-free, casein-free 3/15/08. Now 6'2" (Over six feet!) and doing great.

"Great difficulties may be surmounted by patience and perseverance." Abigail Adams (1744-1818) 2nd First Lady of the United States

#13 AVR1962

AVR1962

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 12:20 AM

CONGRATULATIONS! Good for you for taking your own food and I am really glad to hear the hospital worked with you to make a good experience!!
Yesterday is not ours to recover but today is ours to win or lose!

Miscarriage, Kidney stones, Anemia, Pneumonia, Migraines, Restless leg, Bone fractures, Blurred/Double vision, Extreme fatigue, Bone & Joint Pain, Thyroid nodule, Celiac diagnosed 2011, Spine and leg bone loss, GERD, Vitamin deficiencies, Malabsorbtion, Neuropathy issues, Ataxia, Raynaud's Syndrome. Currently on diet with limited grain and sugar.

#14 K8ling

K8ling

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 04:50 AM

Thanks so much guys, I missed having all of you to ask questions/share vents on sharing a kitchen (my inlaws fed my kid wheat the whole time we were there! THEN suggested I allow wheat into MY kitchen ... yeah... no.). I could see the board but only on my iphone so it was tiiiny.

So SO happy to be home, and breastfeeding is going well this time. I ran out of milk by 3 weeks with Collin and had lost 24 pounds. This time I am holding steady at 180 and breastfeeding VERY well. SO glad I got diagnosed before I had another baby.

So! What have I missed???
Diagnosed with Gluten Allergy April 2010. Family history of Celiac disease and bowel cancers. Already feeling a billion times better since going gluten free.

#15 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,122 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 05:26 AM

So! What have I missed???

3 people had affairs and one is pregnant & not sure if her husband is the father. The evil doctor was shot & almost died. 4 people came back from the dead. 1 girl was re-cast. Wait......that was the soap opera I watch! :o

On C.com....the usual- constipation, diarhea, bloating, gas, foggy brains, nerve problems, anxiety issues, bread recipes,unsympathetic relatives, "does it contain gluten or not?" discussions, etc.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: