41 replies to this topic

#1 cap6

cap6

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:07 PM

Red Robin will soon be serving Udi buns in all restaurants across the country. Yea!!! Servers & cooks will all be required to go through a training on cross-contamination. Great news

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Sira Raven

Sira Raven

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:10 PM

Red Robin will soon be serving Udi buns in all restaurants across the country. Yea!!! Servers & cooks will all be required to go through a training on cross-contamination. Great news

That's wonderful!!! I hope they make it to the east coast soon!!

#3 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 05:03 AM

Where did you see that? How did I miss that? Could you post a link so we could all see the joyful news?

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#4 Monael

Monael

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:51 PM

That is exciting news!! I can't wait to go there and try one.

#5 BeFree

BeFree

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 08:08 PM

WOW!!!! I love Udi's and I love Red Robin's--this is awesome!!!!! Thanks for the fantastic news! :)
Gluten-Free as of September 2011

Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits...it says 'Oooooooo'.
Peter, those are Cheerios.

#6 Darwin

Darwin

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:08 AM

Had one on Saturday!!! Thought it tasted like Udi's. It was so exciting to go to a restaurant and eat a hamburger on a BUN!! Now if they could only cook their french fries in gluten-free oil, I'd be in heaven!!

#7 BeFree

BeFree

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:33 AM

"Now if they could only cook their french fries in gluten-free oil, I'd be in heaven!!"

I would expect them to start (hopefully), if they're going to the lengths to train all their servers and cooks on cross-contamination! Hopefully this is a sign that they're taking it seriously! :)

Red Robin has been one of my very favorite restaurants for a long time and if it could continue to be, wow that would be amazing.

Everyone...if you try the burger at RR & have a good experience, please post!
Gluten-Free as of September 2011

Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits...it says 'Oooooooo'.
Peter, those are Cheerios.

#8 Monael

Monael

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:58 PM

Awww no french fries? :( Well it's a start. I can't wait to go now.

#9 babinsky

babinsky

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:29 PM

I eat their fries without any problem...they do not put the seasoning on them but they do have dedicated friers..The manager told me yesterday that they would be getting gluten-free buns and "special" pans to heat them.
Confirmed by endoscopy and blood tests October 2007

Donna

#10 cap6

cap6

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:40 PM

Where did you see that? How did I miss that? Could you post a link so we could all see the joyful news?

sorry to not respond. haven't been on the computer! We frequent our local Red Robin and were given the info by the manager and the kitchen manager. She gave us a copy of the email she had received from Udi's outlining the training they will all go through, the special tins, separate storage, knowledge of cross contamination, the works! Udi's is working to get their buns in all Red Robin locations. Check with your local managers and see if they are on board with Udi's.
Our restaurant does serve gluten-free fries as they use dedicated friers. When we travel and go to a new Red Robin I do check just to be sure but haven't found one yet that does not use separate friers but that is on the west coast. Also, a manager in a Red Robin in Bend, Oregon told me that their season salt is now gluten-free but I haven't verified that. I don't like it so it wasn't an issue for me.

#11 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:05 PM

sorry to not respond. haven't been on the computer! We frequent our local Red Robin and were given the info by the manager and the kitchen manager. She gave us a copy of the email she had received from Udi's outlining the training they will all go through, the special tins, separate storage, knowledge of cross contamination, the works! Udi's is working to get their buns in all Red Robin locations. Check with your local managers and see if they are on board with Udi's.
Our restaurant does serve gluten-free fries as they use dedicated friers. When we travel and go to a new Red Robin I do check just to be sure but haven't found one yet that does not use separate friers but that is on the west coast. Also, a manager in a Red Robin in Bend, Oregon told me that their season salt is now gluten-free but I haven't verified that. I don't like it so it wasn't an issue for me.

Thanks! I'll give them a few weeks, then stop by when they aren't busy & check!

Funny...I have always preferred my burger with no bun. But the additional training is good to know.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#12 DerpTyler

DerpTyler

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:46 PM

YES! real burgers again! now we just need more restaurants to follow in their footsteps!

#13 upacreek

upacreek

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:07 PM

Just had the gluten-free bun at the Seattle Red Robin located on Pier 55. It tasted incredible and the staff did a great job offering it and explaining how RR is starting to offer the gluten-free bun at more and more RR locations. (We had no idea this was available!) They were even willing to take the time to show the ingredient list and made sure to explain the precautions they took to not contaminate it when they served the burger.

Having recently learned about Udi's bread and how wonderful it is, I'm not surprised to learn on this forum that the Red Robin buns are made by Udi.

I don't post often on this list, but felt the need to share the good news about the Seattle Red Robin. I hope the other locations & States start offering it too!
I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that's not going to happen."

#14 silk

silk

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:10 AM

This is great news! I went to the RR here a couple of years ago and actually left without ordering. The waiter and manager were not terribly accommodating and it appeared that I could maybe eat a grilled burger, a piece of lettuce and tomato and drink the iced tea. Decided to go across the street to Chilis where they did have options. Can some of you please tell me what you like to order at RR?

#15 upacreek

upacreek

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 07:49 PM

This is great news! I went to the RR here a couple of years ago and actually left without ordering. The waiter and manager were not terribly accommodating and it appeared that I could maybe eat a grilled burger, a piece of lettuce and tomato and drink the iced tea. Decided to go across the street to Chilis where they did have options. Can some of you please tell me what you like to order at RR?

We have found that not all Red Robins are the same. After living South of Seattle and having pleasant experiences at all the RR's in the South end, it was very surprising to discover how bad some of the RR's were North of Seattle after we moved. (Especially the Burlington, WA Red Robin. We have tried them several times now over the past few years and will no longer dine there .... too many negatives to list!)

I am also allergic to beef, dairy, mushrooms & pineapple, so that eliminates many options on the RR menu. I have really enjoyed the California Chicken Burger (minus the cheese & bun in the past) and will continue to order it now that they have the gluten-free bun. The only "problem" I had was the burger was so thick that even after squishing it, I had to take 2 bites to make it all the way through it - biting into the top half first and after eating that, biting into the lower half.
I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that's not going to happen."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: