1 reply to this topic

#1 Trymester

Trymester

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:55 PM

Looking to buy OTC Gluten-free NSAID for my daily knee pain. I have up till this point not been following a Gluten-Free diet AT ALL and I think that's why I have the knee pain. Regardless, I'm trying to buy some NSAID that will reduce pain, but will not damage my liver too much if I take it for 2-3 weeks till I can hopefully see a doctor. Please tell me your recommendation and why. Thank You.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 astrologer50

astrologer50

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 01:13 PM

Looking to buy OTC Gluten-free NSAID for my daily knee pain. I have up till this point not been following a Gluten-Free diet AT ALL and I think that's why I have the knee pain. Regardless, I'm trying to buy some NSAID that will reduce pain, but will not damage my liver too much if I take it for 2-3 weeks till I can hopefully see a doctor. Please tell me your recommendation and why. Thank You.

best advice, talk to pharmacy staff. Also going gluten free you may well find that arthritic symptoms, joint pain my disappear altogether or be drastically reduced.

I had very bad nausea/vomiting which I thought was 'migraine' which I also have but after going gluten-free free all these stopped, much to my surprise......

Also stomach bloating downs down lots and lots to. I had major anemia which seems very common symptom of celiacs. I tested negative, but they want to do further tests as you can get a false negative, so a biopsy is needed. So for the moment 'gluten intolerant' my body has thanked me over and over and is slowly recovering...

Don't hesitate, go gluten free. You will know when you eat something that reacts. be strict for first couple weeks and then slowly try introducing foods, so you know what specifically reacts. I had some gluten free maderia cake --- BUT it had egg in it and gave me migraine. So that's a no no, or find/use an egg substitute

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: