This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Funny Things Our Kids Say

glutenfreemamax2

glutenfreemamax2 Enthusiast

I took the kids trick or treating tonight. I stole a snickers, and my 4 year old looks at me and says "mommy, is that gluten free?!?" LOL.

My other son throws up every single time he has twizzlers. One house tried to give him a twizzlers and he said " my mommy says they make me sick. Do you have anything else?". LOL.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jswog Contributor

I took the kids trick or treating tonight. I stole a snickers, and my 4 year old looks at me and says "mommy, is that gluten free?!?" LOL.

My other son throws up every single time he has twizzlers. One house tried to give him a twizzlers and he said " my mommy says they make me sick. Do you have anything else?". LOL.

He's a smart cookie! How old is he?

My oldest is 6, middle is 4 and youngest is 10 weeks

jswog Contributor

My oldest is 6, middle is 4 and youngest is 10 weeks

Which one was it who said that?

heidi g. Contributor

so cute! kids are so honest and caring!

My 6 year old made tge comment on the twizzlers and the 4 year old asked if it was gluten free

Roda Rising Star

My kids were so excited to sort through their candy. We went through and took out everyting that we knew they couldn't have. I had told them I would give them .25 cents for every piece they couldn't eat. Let's just say I'm out almost $15.00. :o Ugg, I'm regretting that one...they were excited though. :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Celtic Queen Explorer

My 5 year old son is always asking me if stuff I'm eating is "fluten gree." It's so cute that he cares, even if he can't pronounce it right.

Reba32 Rookie

I made sure that the candies we gave out were gluten free and nut free.

Too bad they don't make sugar free candy for Halloween, I'd give that out.

Celtic Queen Explorer

One house I went to gave out temporary tattoos instead of candy. I thought that was a cute idea.

jswog Contributor

My 6 year old made tge comment on the twizzlers and the 4 year old asked if it was gluten free

Ahh... So they tag-teamed it! Smart kids! :)

Jen

concernedmamma Explorer

When we told the boys (my boys are Celiac, so far girls are not) that it looks like Mommy is Celiac as well, the first question: "does this mean WE get the big toaster now??"

So cute.

mommida Enthusiast

My 9 year-old daughter got a full sized Kit Kat bar. So she waited on the porch for the next "little kid" to come beg and gave it to a little 4 year old boy. I told the mom she had an "allergy" thing and couldn't eat it. The little boy has a nut allergy and could eat the kit kat so it worked out well that she could pass it on to someone else who misses out on a lot of treats too.

PS My kids were with friends that have allergies and siblings that turned into a trading match. Some kids choose to take advantage of the kids that have to trade. I.E. "I'll give you one smartie for your stack of Twix" So I was really proud of my kids asking which candy the nut, egg, and casein free kid liked and could eat and just gave him half if not all of those candy types from thier stuff.

jswog Contributor

PS My kids were with friends that have allergies and siblings that turned into a trading match. Some kids choose to take advantage of the kids that have to trade. I.E. "I'll give you one smartie for your stack of Twix" So I was really proud of my kids asking which candy the nut, egg, and casein free kid liked and could eat and just gave him half if not all of those candy types from thier stuff.

Big pat on the back to you for that as well! Kids do not generally come by that kind of compassion without being taught to be empathetic. They sound like wonderful adults in the making! Kudos!

julandjo Explorer

That's cute. My 5-year old son is so protective of his 3-year old sister. They were going through their candy and DD kept trying to stuff things in her mouth. He would grab her hand and say "wait", then she'd look at him all concerned and ask "does dis have glootnin in it?". They both understand the importance of it so there was no upset over having to forfeit a bunch of candy. B)

DerpTyler Newbie

I'm celiac but my younger sister isn't so its funny because usually by christmas time all her "gluten Free" candy has disappeared. yah I know im evil :D

Archived