Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Rib Cage Woes.... Again & Again & Again

6 posts in this topic

I've seen so many threads here about rib cage pain, yet here I am with questions - sorry :blink:

I've had burning pains right underneath my rib cage - both sides - for the past couple days. They come and go, but mostly they are present.

This is the "mystery" pain that has stumped both my PCP & GI since early February, but the one that finally got the GI to (begrudgingly) do an Endoscopy & diagnose total villous atrophy.

Here I am about 9 months later & it feels just like old times!

I've been eating well - very few processed foods (with the exception of a couple Snickers during the past week), very little milk with my morning coffee... I've been careful.

So, does anyone know what causes the rib cage pain? Is is an "i've been glutened" sign? If so, then I need to look at possible cc sources.

I wonder about osteomalacia, because I have "whole body hurts" also (these are ongoing).

My last vitamin D level was 41, which the doctor said was within normal limits.

I'm just confused. I have a check-up on the 11th & wonder if a bone density scan is warrented. I'm a little afraid to ask for one because me coming in with "mystery pain" yet again makes me look like a malingerer in their eyes.

Thanks,

Pondy

Ads by Google:

I don't know if this is true for you, but this is one of the fist signs for me when I've been glutened. It can be caused by the very smallest amount of contamination....and sometimes is the ONLY sign. It was my "mystery pain" for at least five years before I was diagnosed with celiac. Also, for acquaintances of mine who mentioned this particular pain, several of them eventually found out that they, too, had celiac.

I get that pain as well. I think it happens to me when I have problems with cross contamination.

I didn't get rid of that pain completely until I got rid of soy. If you are still consuming products with soy perhaps try dropping it for a bit to see if it helps. I also get it when CC'd but oddly enough it isn't as severe as when I get soyed. For me Pepto Bismal liquid usually helps a lot.

Thanks for the responses!

I'm going to retrace my steps over the past few days & check for cc. Good news is that I did not wake up with the pain today - yea! Time to start anew...

I am trying to avoid soy & sugar but I've had a few Snickers bars lately

so that may have been too much... Guess gluten free doesn't equal safe for me.