31 replies to this topic

#1 Tom2

Tom2

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:10 PM

Today, my brother Jeff and I were talking about soy and how that may be our problem since being gluten-free for almost 1 year and still having issues. Jeff remembered a strength test that a ND told us about several years ago and in our brain fog minds we forgot. We tried it on each other with several items like different brands of potato chips, corn meal, beans, candy bars, cans of tomatoes, milk, etc. and the ones with wheat or soy got us every time. I tested OK for milk but he didn’t.

The test is a strength test and involves sitting or standing. Hold the product up tight next to your chest with either hand and raise the other hand/arm straight out at 90 degrees and hold it there. Have another person put one hand on your raised arm and try pressing down on it while you are holding it up with your strength. Product can be in a bag or can or other package and doesn't affect the test.

If your body rejects the product, you will not be able to hold your arm up while the other person is pressing down No Matter how hard you try.

If your body accepts the product, you will be able to hold your arm up with little trouble.

We are not Soy free yet but every product we tried with soy but no gluten – we were not able to hold our arms up. This test showed us that we both have serious problems with soy. It also showed he cant tolerate milk but I can.

It really does work and I would like your comments.

Also, a little harder to do, but with practice you can do the same thing with holding up next to your chest and rocking your body back and forth. If your body rocks forward it is OK – but if your body rocks backward it rejects product. I am not as good with this method as the other that takes 2 people.

Hope this helps you, as it was an eye opener for both of us.

I am sure it works with medicine, vitamins, Minerals or Supplements also!!!

ENJOY
Tom II

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,124 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:23 PM

That's pretty funny! And a bit sad, if you payed someone for that advice!

I have some pills that will cure any food intolerance. Don't be worried that they look and taste like Skittles! :D

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 Tom2

Tom2

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:35 PM

Kareng: Don't laugh till you try it. I challenge you and anyone else to give it a try before thinking it is a snake oil sham. It really does work.
Tom II
Tom II

#4 Lisa

Lisa

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:49 PM

WOW :blink: He's pulling our leg....but then, that might work too! ;)
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#5 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:51 PM

hmm.....doesn't sound like the kind of thing I'd base my health decisions on....
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#6 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,124 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:53 PM

Actually, I don't think it's such a funny joke anymore. I think he is disrespecting and making fun of the people with very real health issues who read and respond on this site.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

#7 domesticactivist

domesticactivist

Kitchen Liberator

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:59 PM

It's not making fun, kareng. I've seen this body testing method used in siincerity by many alternative health care practitioners. I'm sure OP didnt make it up to tease people.
Our family is transitioning off the GAPS Intro Diet and into the Full GAPS Diet.
Gluten-Free since November 2010
GAPS Diet since January/February 2011
me - not tested for celiac - currently doing a gluten challenge since 11/26/2011
partner - not tested for celiac
ds - age 11, hospitalized 9/2010, celiac dx by gluten reaction & genetics. No biopsy or blood as we were already gluten-free by the time it was an option.
dd - age 12.5, not celiac, has Tourette's syndome
both kids have now-resolved attention issues.

#8 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,124 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:25 PM

Ok. I could see this if the food wasn 't sealed in a can. If they are reacting to anything, it's the can or glue or label. Or the fact that they know what's in the can.

I just see him sitting at home laughing that he got a bunch of people to try this. It's like those games you play at a Girl Scout sleepover.

LTES

#9 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:32 PM

Ok. I could see this if the food wasn 't sealed in a can. If they are reacting to anything, it's the can or glue or label. Or the fact that they know what's in the can.

I just see him sitting at home laughing that he got a bunch of people to try this. It's like those games you play at a Girl Scout sleepover.

or maybe magic. B)

Seriously, the only way to determine gluten in a product is to simple read the label - no magic at all, just common sense.
Lisa

#10 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:43 PM

There are many people who do believe this, and actually do make food choices based on such testing. My housesitter is one of them, although I am gradually getting her into more scientific choices. :blink: At least she has abandoned the soy that was driving her hypothyroidism to the whackiest levels (once I convinced her to have them tested).

The NAET testing never did show the adverse effects of soy upon her body.

Edited by mushroom, 02 November 2011 - 03:34 PM.

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#11 Oscar

Oscar

Grouch

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:46 PM

I'm putting this idea in the same group as the inexpensive lawyer and the honest politician. Or, as Mr. Roarke would say, "Welcome to Fantasy Island." :ph34r:
"The three-martini lunch is the epitome of American efficiency. Where else can you get an earful, a bellyful and a snootful at the same time?" ~ Gerald R. Ford

Posted Image

#12 mamaw

mamaw

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,966 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:19 PM

This is part of NAET testing.....for many it is a strange concept..Mainly because most believe in only FDA regulated treatment & drugs... They will not look for alternative forms of help. NO I DO NOT in any form believe this practice will cure anything but it is used by a large group of alternative practitioners in the holistic world.....to dx allergies...our forefathers did not have the medical marvels that we see today.. BUt again there was much less illness back in the old days.. today we look for a pill for a cure-all.. Did you ever read all the side effects of these modern day drugs, they can be deadly alone without the illness... I have heard many say the chemo drugs are far worse than the cancer itself.....
So, just my opinion is that if someone can use their own body without drugs to finds a problem & they feel better then no harm done......I actually used to use this method years ago & a practitioner found a serious problem that he turn sent me to my PCP & later to a surgeon... I'm grateful this problem was found & fixed.....the only problem is finding a practitioner who truly understands the body... Way to many Quacks out there so hence the bad raps come...

Just think what did your grandparents use or do for finding things before modern medicine....they had to think outside the box....

some people are just dependent on a drug instead of trying to heal in a more natural way , drugs are like a badge of armour , I guess...

#13 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 04:46 PM

This is part of NAET testing.....for many it is a strange concept..Mainly because most believe in only FDA regulated treatment & drugs... They will not look for alternative forms of help. NO I DO NOT in any form believe this practice will cure anything but it is used by a large group of alternative practitioners in the holistic world.....to dx allergies...our forefathers did not have the medical marvels that we see today.. BUt again there was much less illness back in the old days.. today we look for a pill for a cure-all.. Did you ever read all the side effects of these modern day drugs, they can be deadly alone without the illness... I have heard many say the chemo drugs are far worse than the cancer itself.....
So, just my opinion is that if someone can use their own body without drugs to finds a problem & they feel better then no harm done......I actually used to use this method years ago & a practitioner found a serious problem that he turn sent me to my PCP & later to a surgeon... I'm grateful this problem was found & fixed.....the only problem is finding a practitioner who truly understands the body... Way to many Quacks out there so hence the bad raps come...

Just think what did your grandparents use or do for finding things before modern medicine....they had to think outside the box....

some people are just dependent on a drug instead of trying to heal in a more natural way , drugs are like a badge of armour , I guess...

Mamaw - I highly respect your opinion and expertise. But this is what I am referring to specifically:

"Also, a little harder to do, but with practice you can do the same thing with holding up next to your chest and rocking your body back and forth. If your body rocks forward it is OK – but if your body rocks backward it rejects product. I am not as good with this method as the other that takes 2 people."

I think alternative medicine/theories has it's place after conventional diagnosis has not met a cause, reason and cure.
Lisa

#14 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:06 PM

.....the only problem is finding a practitioner who truly understands the body... Way to many Quacks out there so hence the bad raps come...

This sums up my thinking on a lot of alternative medicine. There's a lot of knowledge and unorthodox science out there, and a lot of ways to fix things that aren't part of western medicine. Sadly, there are far more people who are ignorant of the details and only have some idea of the concept. These are the people who give alternative medicine a bad name.

Maybe it is possible for your body to resist something that's bad for you, or maybe it's just you knowing and controlling your arm. Show me blinded studies - they would be incredibly easy to do - and I'll consider the concept. If it's just your friend or brother handing you something, doesn't count.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#15 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:12 PM

Maybe it is possible for your body to resist something that's bad for you, or maybe it's just you knowing and controlling your arm. Show me blinded studies - they would be incredibly easy to do - and I'll consider the concept. If it's just your friend or brother handing you something, doesn't count.

This is what happened with my housesitter and soy. She demonstrated to me that she did not react to soy :ph34r: but then went to a new practitioner in whom she has implicit faith who demonstrated to her that she did.
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009