31 replies to this topic

#16 Skylark

Skylark

Glutenologist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:45 PM

Maybe it is possible for your body to resist something that's bad for you, or maybe it's just you knowing and controlling your arm. Show me blinded studies - they would be incredibly easy to do - and I'll consider the concept. If it's just your friend or brother handing you something, doesn't count.

As you would expect, muscle testing fails spectacularly in properly blinded scientific studies. They are quite amusing to read, particularly the positive responses to things like saline controls.

References 21-28 at the bottom of the Wikipedia article.
http://en.wikipedia....ied_kinesiology

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 AVR1962

AVR1962

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:35 PM

An uncle of mine did this with a homeopathic doc. He stopped eating wheat and determined his body was filled with lead and mercury. It sounded very intereresting when he told me. I should try it.
Yesterday is not ours to recover but today is ours to win or lose!

Miscarriage, Kidney stones, Anemia, Pneumonia, Migraines, Restless leg, Bone fractures, Blurred/Double vision, Extreme fatigue, Bone & Joint Pain, Thyroid nodule, Celiac diagnosed 2011, Spine and leg bone loss, GERD, Vitamin deficiencies, Malabsorbtion, Neuropathy issues, Ataxia, Raynaud's Syndrome. Currently on diet with limited grain and sugar.

#18 Strawberry_Jam

Strawberry_Jam

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:26 PM

if this works at all, it is because your subconscious has already made a decision yea or nay. that doesn't mean that your subconscious is correct.
gluten-free 25 Feb 2011
soy-free 30 March 2011

dairy-free 30 August 2011 (roughly)

22 yrs old
diagnosed Celiac through biopsy and blood test (WAY positive) as of 25 Feb 2011

#19 mamaw

mamaw

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:12 AM

I do go to mainstream doctors but I have used other forms of therapies as well. I'm one of those people who react to almost the total planet.. I have found somethings are helpful others not so much..I guess one needs to be open minded & totally are in sync with their own being...
My problem is the unknowlegeable practitioners who make it bad for those that are on the cutting edge.. I find it VERY difficult to find a knowledgeable practitioner.. Many states boot them out like my state has in hte past...
Since I'm a person who can't tolerate only a couple of drugs I must find alternative sources , again not everyone needs to be so extreme...I've had major surgeries without pain medicine because it is deadly to me so I have used natural formsthat wouldget me through some of the pain.. NOt a fun way to go, of course I would rather take an IV injection & not remember a thing... But I want to wake up & be alive& with drugs I'm dead in seconds if not treated...

Now for the rocking back & forth , here how it is supposed to be. One places a food, grass or any substance next to their chest & holds it there while the eyes are closed. If you say still or sway a bit the product is generally okay. But if you feel or fall backwards the product is off limits...Naet has been around for years, the newer version is the BIo-Set Testing, both of which can be googled for more info.
Years ago when my grandchild was about 6-7 a practitioner showed him how to zap a person's energy... This kid went home & ask his Dad if he could take his energy away from him but he promised to give it back....The Dad being a big man of over 250, weight lifter so sure son go for it..all along the Dad was chuckling but trying to be serious ... So the kid does what he was shown ,now telling Dad to pick up a gallon of milk, a pile of books & so on..At first we think Dad is toying with the kid, several minutes go on & Dad truly can't picl up & hold on to anything with any amount of weight.We quietly ask Dad if he is playing around. Dad answers Hell No, .....he has a puzzled look on his face... So the kid laughs & goes to his room....Finally Dad goes in & asks kid to give him back HIS STRENGTH.. The kid reverses the techinque & Dad is fine....
Next day at work Dad is zapping his co-workers energy ....
For me there is something to this but again when one needs surgery one needs surgery.. And I don't believe anyone except God himself can cure any auto-immune disorder...
There is a place for western medicine & alternative medicine both used in their proper places...
I also do believe in the future we will witness more & more medical shortages so we need to be looking to other ways of helping ourselves...without modern medicine.
I was not able to get my weekly B-12 injection for almost a month because there is only 1 pharmancy who disperses this & the FDA closed them down....

I think we all need to be ready for anything ........

blessings

learning & knowlege is a wonderful tool for life.....

#20 kareng

kareng

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,604 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:28 AM

I believe there is a place for other types of medicine. I don't see how anyone can react to a food sealed in a can. Maybe if they had taken it out of the can?

Can you do acupuncture during a procedure? My mom, who believes there is a pill for everything, did it for a few years. Not sure who talked her into it. It worked well. If only she would have done her part & did the physical therapy that went with it.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

You better cut the pizza in four pieces, because I'm not hungry enough to eat six. ~Yogi Berra

smiley-eating-pizza-slice-emoticon.gif

#21 mamaw

mamaw

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:34 AM

Kareng

I have used accupuncture for a few surgeries but again many mainstram docs don't believe in it....so as with hospitals.... most of the time I suffer through the pain , my pain tolerance is very high.. I now can use 1 drug that is a twilight drug that I so far haven't reacted to.... Again I feel & hear everythingthat is taking place, drills, saws, doctors discussing & so on but after about an hour out of surgery I remember everything except the PAIN...

Thanks

#22 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:49 AM

Kareng

I have used accupuncture for a few surgeries but again many mainstram docs don't believe in it....so as with hospitals.... most of the time I suffer through the pain , my pain tolerance is very high.. I now can use 1 drug that is a twilight drug that I so far haven't reacted to.... Again I feel & hear everythingthat is taking place, drills, saws, doctors discussing & so on but after about an hour out of surgery I remember everything except the PAIN...

Thanks

My brother has hypnotized a couple people to the point of allowing them to go through surgery without pain. He said it takes a long time to get a person to that level so it's something that has to be planned for.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#23 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,359 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:07 AM

I always said I was NOT moving the ouija board pointer when I was a kid , but I was. :rolleyes: You can "make anything" happen.

When I was very, very ill and in pain before DX, I tried various natural remedies, herbs, castor oil packs, skin brushing, acupuncture, UNDAS, rotation diets, leaky gut protocols, even rolfing and biofeedback--anything suggested by a reputable Naturopathic doctor and other alternative practitioners for 2 1/2 years---to the tune of $6K. I am no idiot, but I sound like one ---spending that kind of money from our savings to find relief. I was just so desperate and in agonizing pain.

Nothing resolved my dozens of symptoms. How could it? I had UNDXED celiac! :blink:

I was desperate because conventional medicine had failed to diagnose me. We went from doctor to doctor and spent thousands. No answers. No relief.

so...out of that desperation, I tried this NAET method to see if I had food intolerances---as it was FREE!

Sweet hubby (a chemist) told me "Babe, this will not tell you anything!" He could list various reasons why, but his first point was "You are not INGESTING it!" He humored me anyway. He put various foods in baggies (as described on the internet), and had me close my eyes to provide some control over our experiment.

My arm bent back every time. (I was weak, so that was probably why).

He said that I had reacted to all the substances in the baggies!!--and when I examined the foods that surely I must be intolerant of-- there among them was a baggie that contained a rock.
:rolleyes:

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#24 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,359 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:11 AM

My brother has hypnotized a couple people to the point of allowing them to go through surgery without pain. He said it takes a long time to get a person to that level so it's something that has to be planned for.

That's fantastic. No side effects from anesthesia. :)

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#25 kwylee

kwylee

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:15 AM

Tom2 - I know you were serious. I first read about this practice many years ago, but back then they were using food substances in glass vials. I was fairly skeptical but at a Natural Health fair prior to me finding out about my intolerances I agreed to be muscle tested and it was interesting to say the least. This was done with isolated frequency signals of foods though passed into my body by something strapped to my ankle with the results being displayed on a computer, painless and not the old method of holding the substance, but the muscle testing part sounds the same.

What do I think about it? Well, I have to admit that I did NOT agree to move forward with the $900 treatment to "clear" me of all intolerances, but I will admit that the muscle testing was interesting. When it came to many grains, dairy and soy products and their derivatives, I could not keep my arm up under the slight pressure no matter how hard I tried (and they had chosen me from the crowd because I was a skeptic). Since those three foods subsequently turned out to be my biggest problems, I guess I could agree to stay open minded about the testing part, given that the body is electric, and clearly a system of frequency, but I honestly do have a hard time believing that they could have cured me of intolerances (not allergies, they were clear to state), by running a tapping thing along my spine for 15 seconds. I do believe they really believed it, though.
K Wylee

Gluten Intolerant, Positive test, June 2010
Casein sensitivity, Positive test, June 2010
Reactive to soy, most processed foods & preservatives, June 2010

#26 Tom2

Tom2

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:15 AM

Kwylee, Yes I was serious and did not post this as a joke. I discovered this muscle test a few years back when I was going to doctor for chelation IV therapy for what I discovered as mercury poisoning from amalgam fillings. The mercury poison is what triggered my Celiac symptoms into full gear. At that time he checked my whole body and hinted that I may be having neuro issues, but didnt mention anything about celiac (that I can recall). As it turns out after all is said and done, this celiac disease has had a huge impact on my brain. I have a brother and sister who were diagnosed with MS from their symptoms and MRI showed lesions on the brain, but further testing ruled out MS for both. Sister has since been dxd for Parkinsons based on her frequent seizures but later ruled out as well.

For the test he used glass vials to test for vitamins or supplements my body may need during the process and explained this to me and said it was something I could do at home as the needs changed. As a Christian, I am skeptical of most things and try to discern what is right from what is a placebo. However I was amazed at this technique and forgot about it till yesterday.

I dont know if test works thru metal or plastic or only thru glass vials but it was interesting to my brother and I why everything we tested that had soy in it, got both of us. We tested 2 different types of potato chips in foil bags, 1 with soy and 1 without. We both hit on the one with soy and nothing on the other.

I personally dont believe this method of testing that involves acupuncture can cure celiac disease right now, but then there are a lot of testimonies on the web from people cured of cancer to other serious diseases by alternative health care practitioners that we cant dismiss. As far as big pharma and the FDA is concerned involving western medicine, while it has its place, I do not believe that western medicine is as scientific as they tell us it is otherwise so many of us wouldnt have suffered for so many years without a diagnosis much less a cure. I believe there is too much money involving national security on the line for the Govt. to give any credibility to anything that cures or gives relief to the sick that is not according to their doctrine or financial wellbeing. I think it is interesting that a lot of the medical breakthroughs & cures are happening in other countries where free-thinking and gifted doctors, scientist and technicians are free to use their gifts.
Tom II

#27 mamaw

mamaw

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:26 AM

Kwylee
It sounds like you used the Bio-Set method...
I'm told these intolerances are to be gone forever once the treatment is completed. But $900.00 is absurd... This is what I mean by NOT KNOWLEDGEABLE practitioners, they are like fast buck artist who run with the cash...the most I was ever charged was $50.00... Now I can say that I was cleared of nightshade veggies with great success as they caused me major problems... I go once a year for a treatment but honestly don't have issues with nightshades since the first treatment. But I also was having problems with corn which I hadn't had problems with. When I went to the practitioner for my follow-up after the first year I made NO mention I was having any problems.. He did the testing & asked me about corn as it showed up. He wanted to know how much corn I was eating on a daily basis.. I laughed & said well you know I have celiac so corn is a major in my lifestyle.... BUt it was summer & we had been eating fresh corn every night for supper, so good & so little time to enjoy fresh corn on the cobb. I was eating at least two ears nightly maybe three some nights....did I say how much we love fresh corn!!!! But the practitioner told me to stop that at once as it was causing me issues which I already knew but didn't bother to tell him... For me that was a simple test because I knew I was eating to much corn.
I also believe that some issues require more than one visit....our bodies are powerful ,& unique so we all need to learn & listen to what our bodies are telling us..Being in tune with ones self is an amazing feat... I'm overwhelmed everyday by the human body & what it can do for its self....
mind,body , spirit........
Keeping an open mind -----.. neither western medicine no alternative medicine will work wihtout an open mind....I feel I'm a walking testament to that years ago I was DX"D with ALS by western medicine, by the top notch doctors at a major hospital....I've lived well beyound the life of an ALS patient.. I went gluten-free & after time my symptoms became tolerable & it has been over nine years ago... Talk about blessings......................much of my journey has been modern medicine & no drugs but alternative vits& mins,& clean eating.....

#28 melikamaui

melikamaui

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:34 AM

Tom2, I have used muscle testing too. In fact, whenever I go to my naturapath for my children she does muscle testing to make sure the homeopathic she's giving them will work. Since my little guy can't take any OTC medications at all without severe reactions, this method has, so far, worked well for us. I'm not sure I believe in it 100% but I certainly do see the merits of alternative medicines and practices.

#29 kwylee

kwylee

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:54 AM

Kwylee
I'm told these intolerances are to be gone forever once the treatment is completed. But $900.00 is absurd...

This is intriguing but I'd hate for anyone to do this thinking that they may be able to go back to eating gluten.

And I guess I should add the $900 was to clear every group I showed intolerance to (they said over 10 - quite a sick puppy) and included some flat fee that I don't recall, but yep, pretty steep. I still can't get over that muscle testing thing - the feeling like you can't hold up your arm even though you're VERY determined to do so. I never would have believed it if I hadn't tried it for myself.
K Wylee

Gluten Intolerant, Positive test, June 2010
Casein sensitivity, Positive test, June 2010
Reactive to soy, most processed foods & preservatives, June 2010

#30 mamaw

mamaw

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:59 AM

I agree but I never had a practitioner tell me I could eat gluten in fact they told me up front that it would not clear an autoimmune disorder... SO I guess that is where I would say QUACK!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, it is amazing that pour bodies can tell us something...if only we would listen we could save ourselves alot of grief.......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: