Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Possible Help For Those Who Can't Take Dapsone.

6 posts in this topic

I went to my dermatologist about 2 weeks ago, and she started me on a new regimine that is supposed to help with breakouts the way that dapsone does.

I'm taking 500mg of tetracycline and 500mg of nicotinamide twice a day. Today is the first day that I think I have evidence that it is actually working. I think I got glutened a little last night, and I HAVEN'T broken out! I have some spots that are a tad itchy, and there are some faint bumps but NO blisters and NO severe itching.

Hopefully this stuff really works to contain breakouts, that would be great.

Ads by Google:
I went to my dermatologist about 2 weeks ago, and she started me on a new regimine that is supposed to help with breakouts the way that dapsone does.

I'm taking 500mg of tetracycline and 500mg of nicotinamide twice a day. Today is the first day that I think I have evidence that it is actually working. I think I got glutened a little last night, and I HAVEN'T broken out! I have some spots that are a tad itchy, and there are some faint bumps but NO blisters and NO severe itching.

Hopefully this stuff really works to contain breakouts, that would be great.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For the first time I broke out in that rash on my ankles! I didn't even notice it until one night I just say a little red rash and I looked closer I say little blisters. It doesn't itch or anything but I thought it was so weird! I didn't even know much about it until I finally came on here and looked it up! Well anyways I hope your new medication works!!!!

the cream triamcinolone acetonide usp 0.1% is helpfull. This is not an instant cure, but it is good. I hope your meds do the trick. Nicotina is a beautiful plant, I wonder if that med comes from that plant.

God Bless You,

Connie

Connie, I was using triamcinolone before but recently I was given clobesterol (sp?). It's similar, but stronger and it works MUCH better for me. If your stuff ever seems like it's not working anymore I would try the clobesterol.

Nicotina is one of my favorites, the blossoms are so fragrant. I don't know if it's related or not. Nicotinamide is just vitamin B3, but maybe that is the source. Interesting if it was...

Carolyn,

I'm using Clobetasol too and I love it! But I'm not off gluten yet, waiting on more tests.... In any case, I read the insert for the Embeline brand I have and it says not to use it for more than two weeks at a time. Well that isn't very helpful for me since if I stop using it my scalp dermatitis comes right back. I called the pharmacy and they said it's fine to keep using it continuously but I don't want to make myself sick. It is a steriod after all. What has been your experience/time of use with it?

Tiffany

I actually rarely use the steroid cream. That tetracycline + B3 works so well that my DH doesn't really break out anymore. I do use it occasionally for pompholyx (sp? hand eczema).

But if it makes you feel any better, I used the triamcinolone (different steroid cream) for 2 straight years nearly every single day with no ill effects.