Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

New Gluten Free Flour

29 posts in this topic

I've only tried a couple flour blends. I can't stand Bob's Red Mill, and neither can the rest of the family. However, we really like Sun Flour Mills All Purpose Flour. They seem to be a pretty new company, and local to the Pacific Northwest. Their mix makes an excellent bread.

Ads by Google:

Any idea what to sub for the buttermilk powder to make the Pamela's mix blend dairy free? I'd prefer to use regular ingredients rather than a processed product I'd have to specially purchase.

Personally, I would just leave it out all together, but when making something with it, I would sub your alternative milk (rice milk, almond milk, whatever) for the water component in the recipe.

I just made a lemon meringue pie using the cup4cup flour using same recipe(2c flour,2/3 shortening,1t of salt, 5-7 ice water), and I swear it is the best thing I have ate since being dx almost 3 years ago. The crust was delicious. I have only done two other pies and was not crazy about the crust. I am 71 and really missed doing the family pies! I got a free shipping deal, but still, $19.99 for 3lb of flour, but it was worth it. I spent a hour watching you-tube videos on how to roll gluten-free crust:)