14 replies to this topic

#1 Ginsou

Ginsou

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:02 AM

I know 85 cents isn't much, but www.bettycrocker.com has a coupon available this month for Bisquick Gluten Free Baking mix. I use this mix all winter long for pancakes and waffles because of the convenience.The coupon expires 12/5/2011.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:22 AM

I know 85 cents isn't much, but www.bettycrocker.com has a coupon available this month for Bisquick Gluten Free Baking mix. I use this mix all winter long for pancakes and waffles because of the convenience.The coupon expires 12/5/2011.

Thanks for the tip! At the inflated prices we must pay for gluten-free flours, etc., 85 cents is very much appreciated! ;)
Cheers, IH

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#3 krystynycole

krystynycole

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:29 AM

There are tons of things you can do with bisquick! go to www.bettycrocker.com to find a bunch of gluten free recipes! I make all sorts of different dinner ideas from here.

Gluten Free since November 2010 and feeling fantastic!

(Mis)diagnosis with IBS in 2004
MSG and caffeine free since 2001

#4 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:56 AM

What do you do for shortening? I haven't been able to find a soy free shortening, but maybe that isn't a problem for you...
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#5 Kim27

Kim27

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:17 PM

there is also a gluten-free bisquick coupon on smartsource.com. first one i've ever seen!
Thanks!!!

---------------------------------------------------
Kim

Newly diagnosed Celiac trying to learn the ropes

Very Positive tTG 3/10
Positive EGD/Biopsy 4/10

#6 missy'smom

missy'smom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:22 PM

Marilyn,

You ca use Earthbalance spread, soy-free version in the red tub ot Spectrum Organic Buttery Shortening. My local healthfood store didn't carry the spectrum but ordered it for me at no extra cost.
Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11
Son: ADHD '06,
neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07
ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08
ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08
Gluten-free-Feb. '09
other food allergies

#7 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:54 PM

I also can't "do" soy and we use the Earth Balance Soy-Free in all our baking and it works well. Make sure you get the RED tub! :)

I'll have to try the Spectrum. Thanks!

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#8 fantasticalice

fantasticalice

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:26 PM

Noticed many new items on the Costco web site.
Alice in Gluten-Free Wonderland

#9 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:37 PM

Thanks for the Earth Balance recommendation, Missysmom and Irish.
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#10 Ginsou

Ginsou

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:01 PM

What do you do for shortening? I haven't been able to find a soy free shortening, but maybe that isn't a problem for you...

I use Spectrum and dairy,soy,free Earth Balance (Red container). and canola oil as shortening substitutes.

#11 Ginsou

Ginsou

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:03 PM

Thanks for the tip! At the inflated prices we must pay for gluten-free flours, etc., 85 cents is very much appreciated! ;)
Cheers, IH

The Betty Crocker website does limit coupons...check their website at the beginning of each month for coupons.

#12 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:42 PM

Thanks for the Earth Balance recommendation, Missysmom and Irish.

You bet, hon! ;)

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#13 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:43 PM

The Betty Crocker website does limit coupons...check their website at the beginning of each month for coupons.

thanks! I sent the coupon to my Mom--she makes pancakes with it and loves them!

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#14 mbrookes

mbrookes

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:11 AM

I just went to get my gluten-free Bisquick coupon and found two more I can use: $1.10 off two boxes of Chex and $1.00 off Philadelphia cooking creme. Thanks for the tip.

#15 Sharon

Sharon

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 04:54 PM

We stopped having pancakes cause I couldn't find a good recipe. Until gluten-free Bisquick!! We love the pancakes and have them 3 or 4 times a month now! Will check the .85 coupon as we're out as of last night.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: