3 replies to this topic

#1 WinterSong

WinterSong

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:48 PM

Hi everyone! Thanksgiving is coming up, and I've started looking around for gluten free stuffing. I did a search and I found a bunch of awesome looking recipes on this site, but does anyone know of a good pre-made stuffing mix? And where I might be able to get it (ie Whole Foods)?

Otherwise I may try making my own stuffing out of some Udi's bread I have in my freezer....

Thanks so much! First holiday season gluten free, and I want to make it good!

Diagnosed with IBS - Fall 2007

Diagnosed with Celiac via blood test (tTg off the charts) - March 18th, 2011

Gluten free as of March 25th, 2011 and going strong!

Positive biopsy April 1st, 2011

Blood test results back down to normal levels November 2012

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Skylark

Skylark

Glutenologist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:18 PM

I haven't run across gluten-free premade stuffing. I like to do cornbread stuffing with homemade cornbread. Something like this:
http://www.marthaste...ausage-stuffing

#3 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,768 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:20 PM

I use Grainless Baker stuffing mix. Wegmans carries it if you have a Wegmans near you. If your local store stocks any Grainless Baker products you could ask if they can get some.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#4 Michelle1234

Michelle1234

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:04 AM

You can order a gluten free stuffing mix from http://www.debysglut...om/our-products

They do mail orders but I don't think they take orders on the internet. You have to call. They come out with the stuffing mix in local Colorado stores every year around the holiday's and I just saw it yesterday so even though it isn't listed right now on the Internet I know it is available. And it is REALLY GOOD! If you order you may want to get more than one since once you try it you will want to have it for Christmas too.

Regards,
Michelle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: