42 replies to this topic

#16 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:42 AM

How come no one has posted online that gluten relief hasn't helped them then, if it doesn't work? The makers say they've sold over 2000 bottles in the video.

Here's the post that discusses why some cheat. Makes me sob just looking at it (especially the teary-eyed picture). I seem to really be able to relate, as well. :(

To repeat what others have said, if it worked it would be shouted from the rooftops with sirens, horns and fireworks :rolleyes: Who would not want it to be true???

Reading through the article about cheating, the words that jumped out at me were You must LEARN THE POWER OF NO! There are some things in life that we just cannot have or cannot do. Is it fair? Probably not, but neither is life. It is nothing personal, except that it is your own personal cross to bear. We all have crosses, some are heavier than others, but you must develop the muscle to carry yours :blink: Grieve for the loss, yes, but then accept it and get on with living. There are thousands who have left this forum having recovered and got on with doing just that. You can be one of those. :) But you have to give up the denial of having gluten intolerance, and that currently there is no cure for it. Not to say there won't be one day, but not yet. So make the most of the rest of your life.

If you are determined to do this there is nothing we can or willl do to stop you -- it is entirely your free will what you do with your life. We are just trying to tell you that this sounds like snake oil. :(
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,768 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:14 AM

How come no one has posted online that gluten relief hasn't helped them then, if it doesn't work? The makers say they've sold over 2000 bottles in the video.

Here's the post that discusses why some cheat. Makes me sob just looking at it (especially the teary-eyed picture). I seem to really be able to relate, as well. :(

If it worked they would have sold millions. This is snake oil period. You will be risking a lot if you try to avoid the diet with products like this. Just take a good look at some of the signatures of those of us who went years without diagnosis. Rely on this stuff and you can have a sig like that too.
I know how badly you want this diagnosis to just be a bad dream but it isn't. Life will go on without gluten and it will be a longer and healthier one.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#18 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:05 AM

See, you have moved from the DENIAL stage to the BARGAINING stage now--you are looking for a way to cheat and use a "miracle product" to UNDO what you will did to your intestines. Ah, if only it were that easy.

And, I think I know why you are still "bargaining".

Because your symptoms just aren't " bad enough". Yet.

A little tummy trouble and some diarrhea? no Biggie! It will pass and I'll be okay, you are thinking. Um, nope!

In time, you could develop any number of health issues and have your life altered in ways you cannot imagine, should you choose to continue to ingest gluten. How about anxiety, depression and chronic burning in your bones, muscles, joints? Have your hair fall out? How about nights on end with no sleep from insomnia? How about multiple miscarriages and eventually, no children as a result of this disease? Maybe find yourself always dizzy, walking sideways and banging into walls, your heart racing out of your chest? What if you found yourself unable to speak clearly, remember what you did just yesterday, or forget how to drive a car? What if you LOST 3, 5, 7, 12 years of your life in a gluten freakin stupor, laying on a couch all day long crying because you are too weak to function? Have your spouse leave you because you are ill all the time and they can't take it anymore? Or losing your job because you were out sick more days than you were at work? Have your friends desert you because you aren't "fun anymore". Have doctors tell you that you are depressed and give you so many drugs, you are lost in freakin space every day, crying your eyes out because you think you would rather be dead than live in pain and misery one more day.

Sadly, these are some of the REAL things that have happened to people on here (myself included). People whose lives were altered so completely --or eventually, ended by lymphoma---as a result of undiagnosed celiac.

The diagnosis and a gluten free diet was a LIFE SAVER for me! I am reversing the damage done and coming back to life. I am grateful for this second chance. But, you are looking at it as a LIFE ENDER right now--because you are young and feel as if it is too strict and confining and I do not blame you one bit! You are rightfully pissed off -- so, please, do vent about it right on here!

Many people are resistant to be totally gluten-free because they either had NO symptoms or minimal symptoms and it is "tolerable". Also, when you are young, you feel "bullet-proof" --as I once did. No one could have told me what to do back then either! :lol: I did not care about warnings from the "old people" about smoking, drinking or whatever....I know it's bumming you out so much, you want it to be just a bad dream.

We GET THAT, honey---we really do!!

You have the chance to stop all this madness BEFORE it occurs!

This is an amazing opportunity. A gift ---that I wish my 20- year- old self could have been given!

You think that losing the ability to eat a lousy donut is something to cry over?

Kiddo, what happens when you DO NOT follow a gluten free diet---THAT will have you in tears every single day. You find that hard to believe because you are not that sick or crippled or living with diabetes or arthritis. You are not "there yet".

And all these scary stories seem implausible to you.

We're just trying to spare you a lifetime of hell.

But, ultimately, like anything involving free will, it's your call.
Best wishes to you!

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#19 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:06 AM

OK! "I have this great product that makes you grow perky boobs and eliminates wrinkles and cellulite. I have sold it to 2000 satisfied customers."

If I put that on a slick website or TV commercial, then it must be true? :ph34r:

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#20 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:19 AM

OK! "I have this great product that makes you grow perky boobs and eliminates wrinkles and cellulite. I have sold it to 2000 satisfied customers."

ooo, Karen!......Can I have some of THAT??? :lol:

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#21 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:23 AM

ooo, Karen!......Can I have some of THAT??? :lol:

Sure! Free to my friends!

:ph34r: Do not be alarmed that they taste like chocolate & slightly resemble M&Ms.. And the M printed on them stands for the name of the drug "Miracle Mammaries"

Not trying to make fun of you Alice. Just want to point out that you can say anything but it doesn't make it true.

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#22 heidi g.

heidi g.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:52 AM

Karen your so funny! People think they can't ever enjoy food again. Like my neighbor who thinks her life is over because she is 15 and can't ever eat pizza. You can make your own pizza! you can make your own donuts! You can make your own fries! Sometimes i think life is over but let them eat their greasy foods and ill eat my rice and vegetables and fruits and ill have less risk of developing heart disease, high cholesterol, and heart attacks when im older! Were so lucky to even have all these tasty foods because im pretty sure, before they discovered all this food, they were eating like celiac's have to anyways. Why is America so fat? Because its too expensive to live healthy. Im trying to turn this negative curveball straight, and think of it as a blessing. I get to learn how to eat healthy and how to take better care of my body.

#23 alicewa

alicewa

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:50 AM

Honey, even my CAT is gluten free! ;) She eats NO-grain cat food and her coat is gorgeous. She looked like heck --skinny with dull, patchy fur---when she arrived on our doorstep and now, she's healthy and happy. Why? Good lovins and NO gluten! :D

So, what do you feed your cat then? I'm thinking of making the family pets we get go gluten-free now. :D

#24 Roda

Roda

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:56 AM

So, what do you feed your cat then? I'm thinking of making the family pets we get go gluten-free now. :D

I feed my cat and dog Taste Of The Wild. It is a completly grain free pet food. My dog and cat are doing wonderful on it.

Me:
Celiac disease(positive blood work/biopsy- 10/2008), gluten free oat intolerent, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis/Disease, Raynaud's Disease

DS2(age 9):
celiac disease(positive IgA tTG, no biopsy- 11/2010)

DS1(age 13):
repeated negative bloodwork and negative EGD/biopsy. Started on a gluten free trial(8/2011). He has decided to stay gluten free due to all of the improvements he has experienced on the diet.

#25 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:17 PM

We use Merrick's BG--Before Grain.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#26 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,148 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:37 AM

BG Before Grain here too. And Muffin the cat head stopped throwing up when she went gluten-free. She really likes here gluten filled cat treats and doesn't even eat the gluten-free cat treats. But when I give her the gluten treats she gets sick every time. So she no get those anymore.

@ALicewa,

Hi Alice,

The thing to understand about celiac is it is an autoimmune condition. Your body isn't dumb and it will automatically start cranking out antibodies when you eat gluten. Think what would happen if it didn't. If our immune systems took their bloody time getting busy we would all die of infectious disease in no time flat. So even if you had a pill that digested gluten, it would be too late, because your body reacts to the gluten real quick. Celiac's not the same as lactose intolerance which is not autoimmune. You can take lactaid enzyme pills for lactose intolerance and it helps. But there is no immune reaction in lactose intolerance so not a big problem. it doesn't matter if it takes a couple hours for the lactase pills to digest the gluten. That is a major difference between celiac and treatments with pills and other non-autoimmune conditions.

You know how people get sick once and then they are immune to that disease right? That's because their immune systems have adapted to fight that disease and they don't forget. That's really helpful as we don't have thousands of people dying all around us with polio and measles and etc, etc everyday.

Thanks for the blog link about cheating on the gluten-free diet. That is a nicely written article there.
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#27 alicewa

alicewa

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:12 AM

Perhaps the autoimmunity is caused by this though? http://www.celiac.co...liver-function/

#28 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:17 AM

Perhaps the autoimmunity is caused by this though? http://www.celiac.co...liver-function/

Once again.... Who is writing this? Are they a Celiac researcher from one of the Celiac Centers? A random guy on the internet who writes well? Are they selling something?

I don't have the patience to search the website to try to see if they have any valid credentials. I would think If its Columbia or Mayo, that would be listed & easy to find.

The writing (grammer) isn't what one would expect from a serious medical article or website. I would be leery of anything written there.

dancing-turkey.gif

#29 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:42 AM

Really?.....Are you kidding me? :blink:

They state on the site:

"CureZone started as a personal homepage in Norway."

Does this sound like someone who can give you solid medical advice? :blink:

Geesh, hun....it's time to give it up. :rolleyes:

You're just wasting your time searching for a "cure" on the internet.

And you would be very ill-advised to do a "bowel cleanse"--as Ravenwoodglass already told you on the other thread.

IF THERE WAS A CURE, WE'D KNOW ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!

We have given you our best and honest advice. But you keep ignoring it.

Why do you keep posting about these "scam cures"?????

In my humble opinion, it would serve you best--and give you peace of mind-- if you would spend your time learning about celiac disease and how to cope and live with it.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#30 alicewa

alicewa

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:22 AM

Ok, I'm getting the idea. That's why I'm asking you. I had no intention of getting the product from CureZone, I was just interested in what caused this problem in case I someday have kids. I know there's not a whole lot that can be done or prevented. Should stop living with regret. :unsure:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: