#31 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:29 AM

Alice,

Read about celiac disease from a REPUTABLE SITE. From the nature of your queries, it is obvious you have no real understanding of it.

Knowledge is power. And with that knowledge, acceptance will come. Be healthy and be happy!

http://celiaccenter.org/celiac/faq.asp

Best wishes,
IH

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 jswog

jswog

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:20 AM

We use Merrick's BG--Before Grain.

A 100% RAW natural diet is the way to go!

#33 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,242 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:31 AM

A 100% RAW natural diet is the way to go!

What are you feeding your cat? Raw chicken? Got a funny image of you letting some mice loose in the laundry room and putting the cat in. :D

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#34 jswog

jswog

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:19 PM

What are you feeding your cat? Raw chicken? Got a funny image of you letting some mice loose in the laundry room and putting the cat in. :D

I don't have a cat, but I did raise a couple of generations of winning show dogs on a raw diet. The lady I bought much of hard to find foods from had several cats whom she fed a fully raw natural diet. She died of pancreatic cancer a few years back, but I believe her husband kept the business going. If you google 'My Pet Carnivore' you will see many articles she wrote about feeding her cats and dog raw.
Jen

#35 alicewa

alicewa

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:46 AM

I've ordered Gluten Relief! After hearing from 2 others who tried and said they did really well with it I couldn't resist. I took the first 6 today. I also got another thyroid product with it for Vitamin B12 absorption, so I'll let you know of my results. :)

If I were to run tests afterward which would you recommend?

#36 Skylark

Skylark

Glutenologist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:41 AM

Damnit, Alice. Get it through you head that THERE IS NO CURE FOR CELIAC. The people who say gluten relief works are most likely shills or slightly intolerant people getting placebo effects. Their so-called clinical trial was a joke with completely incorrect statistics and their data actually failed to show an effect.

You've got to get over this denial before you give yourself neuropathy or another autoimmune disease from eating gluten. I really think you need counseling.

#37 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,242 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:18 AM

Damnit, Alice. Get it through you head that THERE IS NO CURE FOR CELIAC. The people who say gluten relief works are most likely shills or slightly intolerant people getting placebo effects. Their so-called clinical trial was a joke with completely incorrect statistics and their data actually failed to show an effect.

You've got to get over this denial before you give yourself neuropathy or another autoimmune disease from eating gluten. I really think you need counseling.

Skylark - I wasn't even going to comment. Sadly, there is no point.

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#38 Skylark

Skylark

Glutenologist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:24 AM

Skylark - I wasn't even going to comment. Sadly, there is no point.

I keep hoping to get through to her... :(

#39 Kamma

Kamma

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:58 AM

Yes, Alice, listen to Skylark.

Also, really think about this:

If Gluten relief enzymes actually worked, don't you think that they would be mass marketed to all the celiacs out there just dying to conveniently eat bread, buns, cookies, cereals, trips to MacDonalds and so on?

Don't you think that if these things actually worked, the manufacturer would be trying to make millions off them by marketing them via doctors, health care centers and so on?

You have been had twice, Alice:
1. Through your money.
2. Through your trust.

There's good, decent people on here who have been around the celiac block many times over and can offer good, sound support. It would really benefit you if you gave them some credence.

#40 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:37 PM

If I were to run tests afterward which would you recommend?

I WOULD RECOMMEND THAT maybe you should HAVE YOUR HEAD EXAMINED. :blink:

Alice, I have the patience of a saint, but you've pushed even me to the wall with your silliness. I have begged you to get counseling for this denial you are in, haven't I? Haven't we all?

There is no cure or magic pill for celiac. You cannot keep risking your life by eating gluten and expecting a miracle cure to "wash it out". How many threads have you started with this nonsense? I saw your "poll" about giving your hypothetical children gluten. What was that all about anyway?

YOU NEED COUNSELING.

YOU ARE IN SERIOUS DENIAL.

YOU HAVE A POTENTIALLY LIFE-THREATENING AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE.

Do you even read what we write back to you on all these threads you start? I think you just post this nonsense and then laugh at us all working so hard to help you.

No matter what we say, you do the opposite. Just like a little kid would do. Last time, it was you threatening to eat a cupcake and we all tried to stop you and you ate it anyway. Then, against our advice, did a "salt water cleanse" that is dangerous. <_<

Do you think this is a joke? I do not find you funny.

Honestly, I am beginning to think you are just screwing around with us --and frankly, I am wondering what your purpose here is.

GET HELP.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#41 Bubba's Mom

Bubba's Mom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:54 PM

I ditto what SkyLark and Irish Heart have said..except I would have sworn some too! I'm beginning to wonder if you're just a shill trying to sell this rediculous product? SURELY you can't be that thick headed? :blink:

I'm just not going to respond any more to this nonsense!

#42 alicewa

alicewa

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:57 PM

I'm sorry I wasn't trying to get everyone worked up. :(

I asked my MD what his thoughts were and he said sure, but be absolutely sure that I watch my symptoms closely and if I'm having none then I should redo the celiac panel periodically. Of course, he figured the chances of something working were slim.

I just wasn't sure if you'd have any additional ones like Cyrex Labs with Arrays that should be performed.

#43 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,057 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:02 PM

Alice, you have heard from so many people who care about you and want you to know the truth about celiac disease.

"Of course, he figured the chances of something working were slim." Well, actually slimmer than that. Zero, based on current scientific knowledge.

This discussion is going nowhere, and is wasting the time of everyone involved.

Good luck with your quest, Alice. If it doesn't work, we will all still be here for you.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: