11 replies to this topic

#1 glutenfreemamax2

glutenfreemamax2

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:47 PM

I just started the prescription. O don't know why I didn't think about it, but I called the pharmacy tonight to see if it was gluten-free. The pharmacist told me it was a manufacture by the name of LEG. He said i would have to look it up to see if it's gluten-free. I can't find the manufacture anywhere. Anyone heard of them?
Gluten free since 10/1/10
3 year old gluten free since 10/16/10
Diagnosed with IBS in 2000
Appeared on the Dr.Phil Show 9/23/10
started working with Dr.Phil's nurtitionist and he discovered the gluten/dairy intolerance
Labs drawn on 10/16/10 waiting on results
10 pounds and 15 inches off so far!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:57 PM

I just started the prescription. O don't know why I didn't think about it, but I called the pharmacy tonight to see if it was gluten-free. The pharmacist told me it was a manufacture by the name of LEG. He said i would have to look it up to see if it's gluten-free. I can't find the manufacture anywhere. Anyone heard of them?

What is the name of the scrib?

btw, your pharmacist is lazy!
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#3 glutenfreemamax2

glutenfreemamax2

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 05:17 PM

What is a scrib?

I know he is I was so pissd off! I td him he should know or be able to find out. He said I would have to look on the Internet for contact info etc. All that comes back is leg cramps ugh.
started working with Dr.Phil's nurtitionist and he discovered the gluten/dairy intolerance

#4 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 05:30 PM

What is a scrib?

I know he is I was so pissd off! I td him he should know or be able to find out. He said I would have to look on the Internet for contact info etc. All that comes back is leg cramps ugh.

What is the name of the on prescription?
Lisa

#5 glutenfreemamax2

glutenfreemamax2

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 05:34 PM

fluoxetine 10mg

#6 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 05:41 PM

fluoxetine 10mg

http://www.glutenfre...gs.com/list.htm

Fluoxetine-all strengths/forms(Barr, Par, Sandoz)

Yes, it is listed as gluten free. For verification, you can call the manufacturer Barr, Par, Sandoz - BPS.
Lisa

#7 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 05:41 PM

I remember that Ravenwood suggested that you have your dr's write "Gluten Free" on all prescriptions.

Your pharmacist can get pissy with you, but they must adhere to physician's orders.

Call your dr's nurse or M.A. and ask them to revise the prescription. If you need the med right away, tell them you only want 1 or 2 of the pills and see what happens. I don't think they can make you take all or none of the prescription, but you'll have to be careful when you pick up your next rx, because the old rx will be there waiting for you.

Hope this helps.
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#8 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 05:45 PM

LOL we were posting at the same time, glad the med is gluten-free.
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#9 glutenfreemamax2

glutenfreemamax2

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 05:51 PM

But the manufacture is not listed there. The manufacturer is a company called LEG.

#10 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 05:59 PM

But the manufacture is not listed there. The manufacturer is a company called LEG.

Here is additional information: (although this tread is two years old it refers to a manufacturer by name. I expect that generics can have multiple manufacturers)

http://www.celiac.co...ured-by-sandoz/

But, I have not known a drug to contain wheat since it is listed as one of the main allergens. I don't think that barley malt or rye would be players here.

I think you're safe. But I could not find anything on LEG. Perhaps, in the druggist haste....
Lisa

#11 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:11 PM

Here is some more information:

http://www.drugs.com...fluoxetine.html

Before Using fluoxetine

In deciding to use a medicine, the risks of taking the medicine must be weighed against the good it will do. This is a decision you and your doctor will make. For fluoxetine, the following should be considered:
Allergies

Tell your doctor if you have ever had any unusual or allergic reaction to fluoxetine or any other medicines. Also tell your health care professional if you have any other types of allergies, such as to foods, dyes, preservatives, or animals. For non-prescription products, read the label or package ingredients carefully.

Go back to your Pharmacist and have him/her check it.

out. I do rely on the GlutenFree Drugs Listing I provided. My meds when I need them are pretty specific.
Lisa

#12 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,684 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 03:38 AM

Here is additional information: (although this tread is two years old it refers to a manufacturer by name. I expect that generics can have multiple manufacturers)

http://www.celiac.co...ured-by-sandoz/

But, I have not known a drug to contain wheat since it is listed as one of the main allergens. I don't think that barley malt or rye would be players here.

I think you're safe. But I could not find anything on LEG. Perhaps, in the druggist haste....

They can contain wheat starch. Because wheat starch is considered gluten free I usually tell them I have a wheat allergy. I take a med that has a name brand form that ISN'T gluten free, my doctor called the company while I sat there, and he then called on a generic form and that was safe.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: