#1 ShortStuff2309

ShortStuff2309

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 07:03 AM

Hello,

I went to Denny's for dinner last night and was actually able to have a full, normal dinner while dining out! They had this BBQ grilled chicken with cheese and bacon on top, and your choice of 2 sides, so I got the baked potato and cinnamon apples. It was soooo good! And it was so nice to be able to have a regular meal and not have to ask for something without this and without that. Just thought I'd share!

~Rebecca

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 judy05

judy05

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 02:29 PM

Hello,

I went to Denny's for dinner last night and was actually able to have a full, normal dinner while dining out! They had this BBQ grilled chicken with cheese and bacon on top, and your choice of 2 sides, so I got the baked potato and cinnamon apples. It was soooo good! And it was so nice to be able to have a regular meal and not have to ask for something without this and without that. Just thought I'd share!

~Rebecca

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've always had good luck at Denny's, in fact they recognize me when I go in , they have been so accomodating. I used to look at their allergens list but I pretty well know what I can have before I get there. Just remind them to use clean utensils and clean the grill before they cook your food.

The one resolution, which was in my mind long before it took the form of a resolution, is the key-note of my life. It is this,always to regard as mere impertinences of fate the handicaps which were placed on my life almost at the beginning. I resolved that they should not crush or dwarf my soul, but rather be made to blossom, like Aaron's rod, with flowers-Helen Keller

Judy- Gluten Intolerant

#3 ianm

ianm

Metal God

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 06:24 PM

I have to travel for work a lot and eat at Denny's the most. They are always willing to accomodate people with gluten problems. I had one bad experience with a Denny's but that was only one out of dozens of meals.
If all the world is indeed a stage and we are merely players then will someone give me the script because I have no f!@#$%^ clue as to what is going on!

What does not kill you makes you stronger.
Nobody cares about losers and quitters never win. If you fail with the cowards then what's the message you send?
Can't get it right, no matter what I do. Might as well be me and keep fu@$ing up for you. - Brian Thomas (Halloween, the greatest metal band ever!)

Ian Moore. Self diagnosed at 36 because the doctors were clueless.
Started low-carb diet early 2004, felt better but not totally gluten-free. Went 100% gluten-free early 2005 and life has never been better.

#4 debbie_doodles

debbie_doodles

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 01:31 PM

Where did you find Denny's allergen list?

While on vacation in Bloomington, IN in May we took my celiac daughter to Denny's and the server called the manager over and he told me nothing in his restaurant was gluten free...and then walked away. I was totally furious and we got up and left.

We are going on vacation to San Diego in 2 weeks and would love to give Denny's another chance.

#5 judy05

judy05

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 05:52 PM

While on vacation in Bloomington, IN in May we took my celiac daughter to Denny's and the server called the manager over and he told me nothing in his restaurant was gluten free...and then walked away.  I was totally furious and we got up and left. 

We are going on vacation to San Diego in 2 weeks and would love to give Denny's another chance.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Denny's I use is on the Pa. turnpike. They keep the Allergen list under the counter when you walk in the front door. It was they who showed it to me, it cross references all of their food, it spells out which allergens are in which foods. I usually eat the scrambled eggs and hash browns and sometimes I eat that new fish they have, starts with a T, sorry I can't remember it ( I must be having a "senior moment" <_< ). They might not recognize the term "gluten", you have to spell it out very carefully and remind them everytime about clean utensils and cleaning the grill. They've always been very accomodating.

The one resolution, which was in my mind long before it took the form of a resolution, is the key-note of my life. It is this,always to regard as mere impertinences of fate the handicaps which were placed on my life almost at the beginning. I resolved that they should not crush or dwarf my soul, but rather be made to blossom, like Aaron's rod, with flowers-Helen Keller

Judy- Gluten Intolerant

#6 Guest_Lucy_*

Guest_Lucy_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2005 - 07:42 AM

We love Denny's it always has plenty of choices for my son. It is so nice to be able to go out to eat somewhere that is not "fast food" although the health of dennys might not be better. At least its an alternate place to try.

#7 nettiebeads

nettiebeads

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 08:05 AM

While on vacation in Bloomington, IN in May we took my celiac daughter to Denny's and the server called the manager over and he told me nothing in his restaurant was gluten free...and then walked away.  I was totally furious and we got up and left. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Voting with your feet is the best way. I guess some people forget that they are in a SERVICE industry. Hello! Of course, you can always write to the corp office.
Sunny San Diego! I'm jealous. I lived there for almost 9 years (Navy wife back then) and my daughter was born there. Have fun!!!
gluten-free since Oct 1996

#8 PicturePerfect

PicturePerfect

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 10:34 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This might help with restaurants (for their location) in San Diego: http://www.kintera.o...K0LjP7E&b=34744

Lisa
lisa mccorkell
diagnosed on May 31, 2005
orange county, california

"Laziness will cause you pain." (Unknown)

#9 VegasCeliacBuckeye

VegasCeliacBuckeye

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 10:38 AM

If you are going to San Diego,

Try this website

www.glutenfreeinsd.com

It should help with restaurants!!!

#10 debbie_doodles

debbie_doodles

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 11:32 AM

Thanks guys! you are all the best.

We go to San Diego every summer. I live in Arizona and its only a 6 hour drive away. But this is our first time going after my daughter got diagnosed. Thanks for all your help. :)

#11 Liz617

Liz617

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 08:44 AM

Hi all,
It's been a few years since these posts about Denny's. They now do have a list of allergens on their website, though it was very difficult to find. So here is the direct link to it (as of 12/23/2009):

http://www.dennys.co...ctImage_691.PDF

I'm gonna try eating there today on my way to Northern Cali...wish me luck.

Best,
Liz

#12 mamaw

mamaw

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 11:33 AM

I just went to the site at Denny's that Liz posted. I do see the allergy list for wheat but not gluten. Please be careful because just because its wheat free does not make the item gluten free....

#13 Juliebove

Juliebove

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 11:41 PM

I realize this is an old post but I could have sworn that most of the foods they serve contain gluten. Could be one of our other allergens though. I know there is dairy in the green beans.

#14 smallquiltpieces

smallquiltpieces

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:14 PM

I went to Denny's tonight. I ordered scrambled eggs, bacon, ham and hash browns. I ended up having an asthma attack within 15 minutes. Usual triggers for me are msg,gluten, cinnamon and yelllow #5. Their allergy list doesn't list any of these. Any ideas?

#15 Juliebove

Juliebove

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:51 PM

I went to Denny's tonight. I ordered scrambled eggs, bacon, ham and hash browns. I ended up having an asthma attack within 15 minutes. Usual triggers for me are msg,gluten, cinnamon and yelllow #5. Their allergy list doesn't list any of these. Any ideas?

Again this is an old post but I'd say in your case it would likely be msg.  Just a guess though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: