This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Forum Pet Peeves

sariesue

sariesue Explorer

Does any one have any forum pet peeves? My biggest pet peeve is when people post their topics in blatantly wrong sections.While it can be hard to figure out if something goes in post dx or coping with, since they can overlap. I'm talking about posts that are asking for recipes that are posted to the coping section. It's really not that hard to scroll to recipes and post it there. Yes the mods do move posts like that to the correct section. But that only bugs me a little less because the moved label attracts my attention.

Does anyone else have any forum pet peeves?

Are the limited to this forum or all forums?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kareng Grand Master

If I catch a recipe in the Tech section shortly after posting, I don't put the moved thing on it. I find those irritating, too. If its been there awhile & is getting answers, then I feel I have to explain where it went to the folks following it.

Here's my pet peeve: Mini-trolls. People who sign up for 5 minutes to post something , usually in an old thread, that is negative and usually blatantly false. They never come back but have tried to start trouble.

I don't do alot of other forums but my son says these mini-trolls appear even on the Ford Ranger forum. They are happily discussing the best way to apply stripe stickers around a curved part and some idiot will post that some brand of oil is bad. :angry:

sariesue Explorer

If I catch a recipe in the Tech section shortly after posting, I don't put the moved thing on it. I find those irritating, too. If its been there awhile & is getting answers, then I feel I have to explain where it went to the folks following it.

Here's my pet peeve: Mini-trolls. People who sign up for 5 minutes to post something , usually in an old thread, that is negative and usually blatantly false. They never come back but have tried to start trouble.

I don't do alot of other forums but my son says these mini-trolls appear even on the Ford Ranger forum. They are happily discussing the best way to apply stripe stickers around a curved part and some idiot will post that some brand of oil is bad. :angry:

At least mini trolls go away quick. In another forum I belong to we had a consistent troll for several months. But it is an unmoderated forum so it's harder for action to be taken. But, they were banned then found a new way in... It was actually quite sad because the forum lost several members and it really scared off the new members. Since the troll was mean and insulting.

mommida Enthusiast

Every now and then some weirdness happens and everyone is just crabby.

It is hard to communicate without facial expressions, tone of voice, and hand gestures. Sorry I grew up in an Italian neighborhood, something you just have to use your hands. ;)

kareng Grand Master

It is hard to communicate without facial expressions, tone of voice, and hand gestures. Sorry I grew up in an Italian neighborhood, something you just have to use your hands. ;)

Feel free! :) These little guys should have arms!

bartfull Rising Star

One of the things that bothers me about all forums is when young people use texting jargon. You know, things like "R U going 2 B home?" Instead of "Are you going to be home?" It takes a fraction of a second longer to type out the real words, and it is SO much easier to read!

Darn210 Enthusiast

One of the things that bothers me about all forums is when young people use texting jargon. You know, things like "R U going 2 B home?" Instead of "Are you going to be home?" It takes a fraction of a second longer to type out the real words, and it is SO much easier to read!

Ohhhh . . . that's a good one!! Having issues with that here at home. One of my kids will say "BRB" as they leave the room and I yell after them . . . "USE YOUR WORDS" like I'm talking to a 2-year old <_<

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mushroom Proficient

People who post the same topic in two or more different sections of the forum

ravenwoodglass Mentor

The only pet peeve I really have is the folks that come on one time to revive a tread that may be years old about an unsafe item and post that it is in reality safe for us for because it tests out at such and such a level so it doesn't matter that they use barley etc in it.

Or the ones that announce they have found some 'miracle' cure that will allow us to eat whatever we want if we take some companies preperation.

I guess technically that is two peeves.

MJ-S Contributor

I don't like how the forums on this board don't have "stickies" at the top with the most commonly asked questions. This is something I see used in most other forums and is EXTREMELY helpful. It helps all users, especially new ones, quickly find information, and avoids a million people asking the same question over and over instead of assisting them in benefiting from previous conversations about the same topic.

Lisa Mentor

I guess technically that is two peeves.

You can peeve as must as you need too! :P Just excuse yourself! :D

larry mac Enthusiast

Threads that start with the declaration "fill in the blank" is NOT gluton free, with no more justification than "it had to be because everything else I ate yesterday was safe". And the product clearly contains no gluten ingredients.

Another one. "The person on the phone wouldn't confirm it was gluten-free". So it must have gluten, right?

best regards, lm

lovegrov Collaborator

Threads that start with the declaration "fill in the blank" is NOT gluton free, with no more justification than "it had to be because everything else I ate yesterday was safe". And the product clearly contains no gluten ingredients.

Another one. "The person on the phone wouldn't confirm it was gluten-free". So it must have gluten, right?

best regards, lm

Amen.

richard

IrishHeart Veteran

I don't like how the forums on this board don't have "stickies" at the top with the most commonly asked questions. This is something I see used in most other forums and is EXTREMELY helpful. It helps all users, especially new ones, quickly find information, and avoids a million people asking the same question over and over instead of assisting them in benefiting from previous conversations about the same topic.

YES!!!!!!!! I asked one mod about this, but she did not know why there wasn't a FAQ section. It would save a lot of time.

Meatballman Rookie

Lol.Iam Italian.If I could use my hand in this forum it would help.I cant spell to save my soul.It might help get my point across.

IrishHeart Veteran

Lol.Iam Italian.If I could use my hand in this forum it would help.I cant spell to save my soul.It might help get my point across.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I feel like I am a less effective communicator without my hands (I tried sitting on them while teaching an Interpersonal Communication class to prove my point to the students) It was really difficult and frustrating.

Without hand gestures, facial expressions and voice inflection, we are often misunderstood. :rolleyes:

Meatballman Rookie

I feel like I am a less effective communicator without my hands (I tried sitting on them while teaching an Interpersonal Communication class to prove my point to the students) It was really difficult and frustrating.

Without hand gestures, facial expressions and voice inflection, we are often misunderstood. :rolleyes:

IrishHeart doesnt sound Italian to me.Lol.Not trying to offend you.My wife is Irish she makes fun of me with my gestures.

IrishHeart Veteran

IrishHeart doesnt sound Italian to me.Lol.Not trying to offend you.My wife is Irish she makes fun of me with my gestures.

I'm a mixed breed, lad...and my hands are always flying around when I am talking....the hardest time for me was when I had surgery on both shoulders in a few months' time and was immobilized....I felt "tongue tied"... :lol:

Meatballman Rookie

I'm a mixed breed, lad...and my hands are always flying around when I am talking....the hardest time for me was when I had surgery on both shoulders in a few months' time and was immobilized....I felt "tongue tied"... :lol:

Lol :lol::lol:

IrishHeart Veteran

Lol :lol::lol:

Oh, and I love your quote about the king and the pawn! so true!

Meatballman Rookie

Oh, and I love your quote about the king and the pawn! so true!

Thank you.By the way being a mixed breed is a good thing my daughters are and they are stunning at least in my eyes.Have a good night.

IrishHeart Veteran

Thank you.By the way being a mixed breed is a good thing my daughters are and they are stunning at least in my eyes.Have a good night.

:lol: exact same thing my Dad said about me. ;)

Skylark Collaborator

I'm here to peeve! Celiac's disease or celiacs disease. AUUUUGHH! IT'S NOT PLURAL AND IT'S NOT POSSESSIVE!

Thank you. I feel much better. :ph34r:

Lisa Mentor

I'm here to peeve! Celiac's disease or celiacs disease. AUUUUGHH! IT'S NOT PLURAL AND IT'S NOT POSSESSIVE!

with ya there!

psawyer Proficient

Threads that start with the declaration "fill in the blank" is NOT gluten free, with no more justification than "it had to be because everything else I ate yesterday was safe". And the product clearly contains no gluten ingredients.

best regards, lm

Larry, you called it!

That is one of my irritants as well.

And finally, people who start new topics about the fries at McDonalds. As if the hundred or so we already have had since 2006 haven't addressed all the questions. :(:angry: :angry:

Archived