Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

READ FIRST: Super Sensitive Celiacs Disclaimer   09/23/2015

This section of the forum is devoted to those who have responses to gluten beyond the experience of the majority of celiacs. It should not be construed as representative of the symptoms you are likely to encounter or precautions you need to take. Only those with extreme reactions need go to the lengths discussed here. Many people with newly diagnosed celiac disease have a condition known as leaky gut syndrome, which can lead to the development of sensitivity to other foods until the gut is healed - which may take as long as one to three years. At that time they are often able to reincorporate into their diet foods to which they have formerly been sensitive. Leaky gut syndrome leads many people to believe they are being exposed to gluten when they are in fact reacting to other foods.
    • admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Ow- Cool Ranch Doritos Are My Nemesis

6 posts in this topic

So I ate kind of a lot of cool ranch doritos. I know, I know- but all the health food was getting wearing! I used to be a junk food junkie before celiac turned me into the crunchy hippie everyone already thinks I am.

So anyway, turns out that though they are gluten free, cool ranch doritos are manufactured on gluteny lines. =(

My joints are very angry at me today. Also: Brain fog.

This lifestyleis very challenging some days. *sigh*

Ads by Google:

Oh, bummer. Sorry you're feeling ill.

Lays Stax are your best bet for gluten-free chips. They are manufactured on dedicated lines.

I'm turning into a food hippie too. I'm on GAPS and it's so restrictive about the only processed foods I'm eating are Larabars. I'm headed into work today with homemade carrot puree soup, homemade pickled beets, and coconut flour bread for lunch. :lol:

I'm headed into work today with homemade carrot puree soup, homemade pickled beets, and coconut flour bread for lunch. :lol:

Yumm... is there enough for two? I love any sort of soup AND homegrown/pickled !!!

There wouldn't be too many people who'd steal your lunch out of the fridge though.

:lol:

Do you get Rice Works chips where you are? If so, the Parmesan flavour remind me a lot of Doritos. They're a good substitute, and they're definitely gluten free.

so sorry you got zapped!

My kids tell me that the nacho cheese flavor of Laurell Hill tortilla chips reminded them of Doritos a lot, too. They're GFCO certified, so that should be <10ppm.

Do you get Rice Works chips where you are? If so, the Parmesan flavour remind me a lot of Doritos. They're a good substitute, and they're definitely gluten free.

Uhm, if you have a skin problem you suspect is DH I'd be very wary of Rice Works. One of the worst "flashback" moments I've had is after eating a small bowl of them. Instant DH. Also had neuro issues but that happens with DH for me...

They are loaded with salicylates, salt, food colorings...quite honestly one of the junkiest foods I've ever seen.

But yes, they are good!!