Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Pres Obama

26 posts in this topic

President Obama is giving a speech in our Parliament (Canberra, Australia) as I post just now. He is a great public speaker. He fits our laid back style very well!

Will be glad when all the helicopters and fighters clear out of the airspace though :lol:

Ads by Google:

Do us a favor and keep him! :lol:

Do us a favor and keep him! :lol:

Ditto!

I love it people that fell the same as I do.You guys can have him give him some time he can mess your country up too.

Politics, sex and religion are difficult subjects to discuss without offending SOMEONE. ;)

hint, hint

Politics, sex and religion are difficult subjects to discuss without offending SOMEONE. ;)

hint, hint

This is SO true. All right, how about we discuss Obama's religion and sex life? That otta clear everybody outta here.....

:lol:

Let's just refer back to the pet peeves topics.

People need to chill with the negative button.

Seriously?

Let's just refer back to the pet peeves topics.

People need to chill with the negative button.

Seriously?

LOL..I only recently realized that people actually use it! :rolleyes:

LOL..I only recently realized that people actually use it! :rolleyes:

My lovely reputation is down the toilet!

LOL :rolleyes:

I'll 'plus' ya mom!

I'll 'plus' ya mom!

Me too ;)

Mine too. :D We'll go down in flames together! Apparently some folks lack a sense of humor. :rolleyes:

Me three, four or more! :P

Might be fun to have a " bad reputation".

President Obama is giving a speech in our Parliament (Canberra, Australia) as I post just now. He is a great public speaker. He fits our laid back style very well!

Will be glad when all the helicopters and fighters clear out of the airspace though :lol:

At least it brings some excitement to Canberra......

Don't get me wrong, I love Australia and absolutely loved the architecture in Canberra and the way the city was so perfectly planned and laid out. But Canberra was sooooooo quiet. The city was dead after 5:00 and on weekends. But, I admit, I was only there for a week....

*sings along*

Because I'm bad, I'm bad - come on!

You know I'm bad, I'm bad, you know it!

*sings along*

Because I'm bad, I'm bad - come on!

You know I'm bad, I'm bad, you know it!

I am so gonna 'minus' you for that! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I won't ever ever ever mention politics or politicians ever ever ever again on this forum. I promise :blink::lol:

We're a pretty apathetic bunch here is Australia when it comes to politics. Mandatory to vote but some ridiculous amount of people who dont or don't both ticking a box. So.. I hadn't anticipated the response. Was just an otherwise boring ol' day in Canberra :D

When were you in Canberra HelpMe (but hopefully with a new name soon)?

http://www.liveincanberra.com.au/

At 3.5% unemployment a lot of Aussies don't mind about the rest :D

oh and the Irish like it here at the moment.. infact lots of Europeans like it too. mmm and Canadian. More and more South Americans in town. Asia Pacific. Africa. Middle East. Not a lot of folk from Iceland yet but they will come.

There MUST be more to Canberra than what I saw!!! Besides walking for miles and getting nowhere, if you didn't have a car there was nothing to do - and it was dead before 5::00 :rolleyes:

One of the rules here is that you must respect other people.

That rule applies to identifiable persons who may not be members of the board. That includes President Barack Obama.

Whether you like him or not, this is not the place to judge him.

Thank you, Peter. :)

Good rule Peter!

You guys must have spent a lot of time in Canberra walking around in circle and around roundabouts:)

There is loads going on around Canberra in Autumn and especially Spring. Winter is hybernation and summer is at the coast. It is one of those places that you really need to know a local to know what is going on around town. Another problem is that a lot of people visit the Australian capital and expect it to be big and busy like WashingtonDC, London, Beijing etc. And a lot of foreigners have the Sydney impression of Australia :(

Oh and you do need a car. Public transport disaster IMO. no offence to busdrivers ;)

I am so gonna 'minus' you for that! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: Kareng said "bad reputation" and suddenly Michael Jackson was running through my head. I had to share!

At least it brings some excitement to Canberra......

Don't get me wrong, I love Australia and absolutely loved the architecture in Canberra and the way the city was so perfectly planned and laid out. But Canberra was sooooooo quiet. The city was dead after 5:00 and on weekends.

Canberra boring? I am absolutely certain, Helpme, that you have NOT ever been to Ottawa.. . . .. . .. we make virtually every other capital city seem like Mardi Gras....

:lol:

At 3.5% unemployment a lot of Aussies don't mind about the rest :D

oh and the Irish like it here at the moment.. infact lots of Europeans like it too. mmm and Canadian. More and more South Americans in town. Asia Pacific. Africa. Middle East. Not a lot of folk from Iceland yet but they will come.

It is such a long bloody trip for my family and me, and that's why we haven't been yet. One day we are coming Down Under -- I have vowed this! We have good friends just outside of Perth.

Just need to wait for an enormous tax return... . . .....or inheritance...... :rolleyes:.....

One of the rules here is that you must respect other people.

That rule applies to identifiable persons who may not be members of the board. That includes President Barack Obama.

Whether you like him or not, this is not the place to judge him.

And hey, ya never know -- in all of the nightmarish challenges that have faced President Obama in the past three years, his skyrocketing stress level may have triggered the onslaught of an autoimmune attack and subsequent symptoms.... . .. he may well have dropped in here! .. . . .. ..IN FACT.........(((((eyes narrowing))))))........we all need to carefully reread diandliam's opening post to this thread.... . .....

....Does the wording, the tone.. . . . ...seem......somewhat........presidential?.....

Yup, methinks that diandliam is President Obama. Craftily feeling out his general popularity.. . .. ...quite brilliant, actually. Who would suspect a celiac forum member posting from Canberra? Yup.....gotta be him.

:lol::rolleyes:

Another problem is that a lot of people visit the Australian capital and expect it to be big and busy like WashingtonDC, London, Beijing etc.

OMG... . . if anyone hits Ottawa with those kind of expectations.. . . ...gaaaaaaaahhh!

:lol: Kareng said "bad reputation" and suddenly Michael Jackson was running through my head. I had to share!