Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Leg Burns

9 posts in this topic

About two months ago my left calf on the side and front was burning as if I had a sunburn or had scraped it. No visual difference, just a burning or stinging feeling if touched or if my clothes would rub against it. After 24 hours it went away. Two months later ( today) its back again. Same exact place and stinging feeling. No changes in appearance of leg or anything else. No rash. Anyone else ever experience this?

Ads by Google:

A tingling feeling? Yes too tingling, before I went gluten-free and a symptoms of other food (or additive) intolerances after going gluten-free. It's neuropathy aka nerve damage if that's what you're experiencing.

A tingling feeling? Yes too tingling, before I went gluten-free and a symptoms of other food (or additive) intolerances after going gluten-free. It's neuropathy aka nerve damage if that's what you're experiencing.

Not tingling, but a stinging/burning feeling. As if my skin is sun burned or scraped.

I have had this, and I have no clue what it is either.

It is like a sunburn feeling without a sunburn.

I first noticed it when I was pregnant, like 7 years ago..and I would get it once in a while..and as you said, it would last from 24-48 hours and go away, but what just so annoying when I had it...and uncomfortable.

I started to figure out it would happen where maybe I strained a muscle or something and then I would get that nerve sensation. Like if I am raking leaves in the yard, maybe I will feel it on my hand the next day for a few hours. I have been gluten-free almost 3 years now, and since being gluten-free maybe it is less, but it will happen every now and then. At first I would freak out with worry about it, and then my mom told me she gets it too, so I just kind of forgot about it.

I would be curious if others get it too.

I sometimes get a feeling similar to this when I'm about to break out with shingles. I believe it's a nerve issue so you may have some nerve damage which can be common with celiac or you could be low on B12.

I am scheduling an appt. with a neurologist and will let you know what they say. I am so tired of doctors and hate to go for this since I can still function daily. I just want to make sure whatever it is doesn't get worse or cause more health issues. :unsure:

If it actually hot to touch? Or just a sensation of burning?

Spandex causes my skin to feel like a burn. It comes and goes. Not always with every contact and with contact it doesn't usually last long. If I change my jeans etc. it goes away. Sometimes there is a mild redness but not always. I am latex allergic and spandex can contain latex. Even if it's not latex that is bothing me, other chemicals/substances related to the latex making process can bother me.

I sometimes get a feeling similar to this when I'm about to break out with shingles. I believe it's a nerve issue so you may have some nerve damage which can be common with celiac or you could be low on B12.

Interesting. I was very low on B12, and had to do injections to get a loading dose and now take it a few times a week. Makes sense.