Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

First Day Of Chemo Went Well

21 posts in this topic

Good morning friends,

Well yesterday was my first day of chemo, actually my daughter and I don't like the name so we have decided to call it the cocktail hour, sounds much better right. :) Anyways it is a very aggressive treatment, and of course with the Celiac disease that makes it that more fun. I have three chemo drugs, along with steroids, anti-nausea meds, magnesium, and I cant remember the name but also a drug to keep my white count up. The good news is that I have a port so it is only one poke at the beginning of the day, and you know what I can't even feel it, so that is good. Their main concern now is keeping my weight stabilized, my goal is to make it through the two months of chemo without having to have a feeding tube, so I am eating every two hours, just small amounts, my husband and girls have been great about reminding me, actually they made two signs for me in the house that say "Don't forget to eat!"

So I am still in very good spirits, the doctors, nurses, everyone who is treating is very optimistic about a good outcome, I know this will be a very difficult time, the worst time will be the stomach surgery, but right now just taking this one day at a time. Thank you all so much for the support it means so much to me, sending out hugs and good thoughts to all. B)

Ads by Google:

blessings & prayers are being sent your way...

Hugs!! I am hoping that you get through this OK.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

Good luck! I hope everything goes smoothly.

((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I hope things continue to go smoothly.

I am sure you will do just fine!!! Just be positive! Don't stress too much about the feeding tube they can be very beneficial and easily removed after treatment. I have been through chemo before and although my treatment was fairly easy and everyone's experience I different feel free to email me if you need to vent. Your family will be best your support thought this. My prayers are with you!

Glad your first cocktail hour went well. Great idea to rename it and take control :D. Hope it continues to go well. Thinking about you and your family.

We're here with you Bonnie B. Stay strong.

I'm new to the forum, but still want to wish you the best--my thoughts and prayers go out to you!! As someone else said, take it one day at a time. God bless!

Good idea~coctail hr!lol glad to hear everything is starting out well! Good luck, keep us updated!

looks like you're discovering ways to deal with this in a positive light, that's awesome :) Cocktail hour it is! LOL

I so glad to hear the first treatment went well. Good luck!!!

The Cocktail Hour...I love it. I've heard that keeping a good attitude during chemo can really help you fight the cancer. Sounds like you're already ahead on that score.

Bonnie...I am a very tough person emotionally but your bravery and good spirits leave me in awe. I am one of those very thin celiacs

who was close to a feeding tube at diagnosis so can understand totally your concern over possibly having one. Eating every 2 hours sounds like

a fantastic plan and I hope the weight sticks to your frame with every bite! You are an amazing person and I look forward to your continued reports and well being. Keep up that amazing spirit!

Thanks for letting us know how it's going for you. I like the renaming to cocktail hour. ;)

It sounds like you still have your sense of humor? It will help you get through this. I admire your positive attitude.

(((hugs)))

Way to go, Bonnie. Each day at cocktail hour I will sip and send best wishes your way. You have a great attitude. {{{hugs}}}

Stay strong Bonnie, but if you need to let loose and vent know we are here! Thinking happy positive thoughts for you and your family.

Wendi

I'm glad to hear your first cocktail hour went well. I love the name.

Wonderful news!