63 replies to this topic

#61 stef_the_kicking_cuty

stef_the_kicking_cuty

Stef and Luke

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:33 AM

I'm German, German, and some more German on both sides of my family. Even though I live in the US, I'm an immigrant. My son is the first from my stem of the family, who is born on US soil. My aunt has a couple of kids over here, but that's HER stem of the family. Everything before that is true German. Although I do believe that there must be some Viking in there somewhere, because I'm pretty much a nomad and LOVE to travel. I've seen a countries on all continents except of New Zealand and Asia and Africa only the northern part. :)
Stef

Next goals:
Results for 2011:
1x PA State Champ (I defended my title in pointfighting) and also again Grand Champion in pointfighting
August 20-27: Karate and Kickboxing World Championships in Germany (my homecountry)
gluten-free since 07/21/2004
Shermans Dale, PA

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#62 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:25 AM

The viking culture has always fascinated me greatly, and because of my ancestry I have taken time to study it. The vikings were also Germanic, so you very well could be! They were tribal, but the amount of land that they held is just positively mind blowing. If you ever have some spare time, spend some time getting some books at your local library. Also, any history from the Eddas is just so fascinating, it truly has given me an appreciation for their culture and I am so grateful for what was able to be preserved on paper before their oral history was completely lost.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#63 massagemamaof3

massagemamaof3

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:04 PM

I know that my dads grandparents came from Germany and settled in central Illinois and my moms grandparents came from Scotland. I see a theme in most of the posts. Almost everyone has German or Scottish heritage.We have lived in Illinois so long that we really don't have any customs left from either country. :( it kind of makes me sad. 

#64 cherries

cherries

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:31 PM

So far I have found out that my family is German, English, Irish, and Native American. My family moved to Michigan about three generations ago. 

Gluten free since 2013.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: