This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Entertainment Venue Food Policy

tennisman

tennisman Contributor

I was just looking at an Entertainment Venue's Food Policy . They say no food or drink is allowed in , but they have like 20 restaurants / bars in the venue . I looked at most restaurants I doubt many if any have gluten free options as most are fast food . Even if there was some food that seemed gluten free , I wouldn't want to take the risk eating it , as it could ruin the night .

I'm just frustrated they mention nothing about gluten free options in restaurants and say no food allowed in . I wish there was a Celiac card or something we got from the doctor's that would allow us to take food in etc ?

Maybe this is already available ?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

I have a note, written on the perscription pad, explaining Celiac and saying I should bring my own food.

I have called venues. I never had to prove it. I have been told to just mention food allergy to Security. I have been sent an email to print & show the security. That doesn't mean I can bring a big cooler or anything extreme. More like a small insulated lunch bag inside a bigger bag and buy a drink at the stadium.

I just do this for all day things. Otherwise, I just eat before I go. Maybe sneak a little pack of nuts or candy in my purse or pocket.

Even with the Doctor's note, I would make arrangements first. The person at the door might not understand.

sariesue Explorer

If you call ahead you might be able to get an exception made because they do not have gluten free food. This would best be done in advance. I would also want to get it in writing in case you are stopped entering and the person who approved outside food is not there. You could also call individual restaurants and see if they have gluten free options. Or you can eat before and after the event. Some places like theme parks allow reentry in the same day so you may be able to bring a meal and just leave the park to eat then re enter.

tennisman Contributor

I have a note, written on the perscription pad, explaining Celiac and saying I should bring my own food.

I have called venues. I never had to prove it. I have been told to just mention food allergy to Security. I have been sent an email to print & show the security. That doesn't mean I can bring a big cooler or anything extreme. More like a small insulated lunch bag inside a bigger bag and buy a drink at the stadium.

I just do this for all day things. Otherwise, I just eat before I go. Maybe sneak a little pack of nuts or candy in my purse or pocket.

Even with the Doctor's note, I would make arrangements first. The person at the door might not understand.

That's a good idea the note and prescription . I was thinking about taking some prescription foods.

I will eat a lot before I go , I just wanted to take some food for after the event , because the transport system is having work the day I go and travelling could take longer. I might just take some fruit surely they can't take a banana off me .

Thanks for the advice :)

tennisman Contributor

If you call ahead you might be able to get an exception made because they do not have gluten free food. This would best be done in advance. I would also want to get it in writing in case you are stopped entering and the person who approved outside food is not there. You could also call individual restaurants and see if they have gluten free options. Or you can eat before and after the event. Some places like theme parks allow reentry in the same day so you may be able to bring a meal and just leave the park to eat then re enter.

Thanks for the advice :) I think I will just eat lots before I go . I'm going in a few days so I probably left it too get something on writing from them , as I ordered tickets for the event last minute. I just don't want to take gluten free food and get it taken away at the event , probably best taking fruit.

lynnelise Apprentice

Honestly I always shove a Larabar in my pocket. They usually go through my bag and make me step through a metal detector but they've never asked me to remove anything but metal from my pockets.

sariesue Explorer

Thanks for the advice :) I think I will just eat lots before I go . I'm going in a few days so I probably left it too get something on writing from them , as I ordered tickets for the event last minute. I just don't want to take gluten free food and get it taken away at the event , probably best taking fruit.

[/quote

If you called today they may be able to email you something before the event, that way you just need to print.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tennisman Contributor

Honestly I always shove a Larabar in my pocket. They usually go through my bag and make me step through a metal detector but they've never asked me to remove anything but metal from my pockets.

Good idea Thanks :) Or I could put something in my jacket or coat :)

tennisman Contributor

[/quote

If you called today they may be able to email you something before the event, that way you just need to print.

Archived