3 replies to this topic

#1 Almendra

Almendra

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:45 PM

Is there a hotel or hotel chain that "gets" it yet? I can find the occasional restaurant where I feel safe, valued, and understood. BUT... are there any hotels that are making the leap?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Lesx2

Lesx2

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:17 PM

More and more all the time. My #1 vote goes to Four Seasons Scottsdale (the exec chef there, Chef Mel, daughter has food allergies so he has labeled all menus and staff are very well trained). Was at Kimpton Hotel Solamar last week in San Diego and menu was clearly marked. Kauai Marriott is starting to make changes and found gluten-free snack items in Grand Hyatt San Antonio this week. It's also getting easier to find gluten-free snack items in airports. BTW, my worse vote goes to Ritz Pentegon City, DC. For a nice property, they still don't get it but there are local eateries nearby that have gluten-free menus

#3 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,149 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:28 AM

I have heard that some of the Hiltons do a good job with gluten-free food. There are even a few Bed & Breakfasts around that do gluten-free.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#4 kenlove

kenlove

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:06 AM

I find its really up to the Chef no matter what the chain is. The more expensive the chain like Four Seasons, Fairmont, Taj, the more aware they are. Here in HAwaii the Fairmont as a "allergy" menu with gluten-free foods, Vegan, raw and a few other highly specialized items. The Four Seasons here will do anything needed. Hiltons usually have a pantry of gluten-free foods but that doesnt mean all the chefs know what to do with them. Its best to call the executive chef of the hotel where you want to go and feel them out.

Is there a hotel or hotel chain that "gets" it yet? I can find the occasional restaurant where I feel safe, valued, and understood. BUT... are there any hotels that are making the leap?

"Ryo tatereba mi ga tatanu"

If we try to serve both sides, we cannot stand our own ground.

Japanese proverb

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: