18 replies to this topic

#16 bigbird16

bigbird16

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:48 AM

Sandsurfgirl, have you tried some ginger or peppermint to help with the nausea? Sometimes candycanes or peppermint tea or ginger chews or ginger tea help when I'm feeling sick. A bit of Tiger Balm or peppermint oil on the temples and under the nose, too. Hope you feel better!
Migraines, ataxia, peripheral neuropathy, anxiety, paranoia, joint pain, vivid nightmares, exhaustion & lethargy, brain fog, bloat, GI issues--all gone or significantly reduced since dietary changes were made

Gluten-free (Nov. 2008), dairy-free (June 2009), soy-free (Aug. 2009), all-grains-and-grasses-but-rice-free (Nov. 2011); double HLA-DQ7

"'Always remember, Bilbo, when your heart wants lifting, think of pleasant things.' 'Eggs, bacon, a good full pipe, my garden at twilight....'" (The Hobbit, animated movie, 1977)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 sandsurfgirl

sandsurfgirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:52 PM

Sandsurfgirl, have you tried some ginger or peppermint to help with the nausea? Sometimes candycanes or peppermint tea or ginger chews or ginger tea help when I'm feeling sick. A bit of Tiger Balm or peppermint oil on the temples and under the nose, too. Hope you feel better!

I'll pick up some peppermint today. Ginger didn't do it. I juiced it with carrots and apples. Maybe I should try it as tea?

Today it's better than yesterday. I saw my GI and he agrees that it's likely all that iron. My iron is in a perfect range now so he said stay off of it and give my gut some time to heal. He said it can take a few days to get back to normal after iron. He's testing some other stuff with pancreatic enzymes to be certain but he thinks iron may be the culprit.

I hope so. An easy fix would be a blessing right now.
Lots of doctors diagnosed me with lots of things including IBS, lactose intolerance, wheat intolerance, and quite a few of them threw up their hands in total confusion.

Had GI symptoms, allergy symptoms and unexplained illness my whole life.

Jan. 2010 Diagnosed celiac at the age of 40.
Ready to get well and get on with my life!

#18 WhenDee

WhenDee

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:57 PM

Other things to consider....

I was having terrible nausea and recently found out through testing that I have secondary allergies to corn, milk, and a couple of other things. In my case it was the gluten-free cornflakes for breakfast that were making me sick every day. :rolleyes:

If it is your meds, talk to your doctor about necessary they are, and whether taking them at a different time of day or under different circumstances would help.

Good luck!

#19 sandsurfgirl

sandsurfgirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:29 PM

Other things to consider....

I was having terrible nausea and recently found out through testing that I have secondary allergies to corn, milk, and a couple of other things. In my case it was the gluten-free cornflakes for breakfast that were making me sick every day. :rolleyes:

If it is your meds, talk to your doctor about necessary they are, and whether taking them at a different time of day or under different circumstances would help.

Good luck!

Oh I love gluten free corn flakes! Bummer you had to give those up.

I had an iron test yesterday morning and it came back fast. It was in a great range so the GI said it's safe to quit taking it. The L Glutamine in such a high dose is a bit controversial and the GI didn't agree with the endo on this one. The Endo prescribed that one for me and the GI said there's not enough testing to know if that dose is okay.
It was nice to feel better today! I hope the trend continues, but if it doesn't subside I will cut some more foods again. Sniff, sniff.
Lots of doctors diagnosed me with lots of things including IBS, lactose intolerance, wheat intolerance, and quite a few of them threw up their hands in total confusion.

Had GI symptoms, allergy symptoms and unexplained illness my whole life.

Jan. 2010 Diagnosed celiac at the age of 40.
Ready to get well and get on with my life!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: