18 replies to this topic

#16 gleegan

gleegan

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:15 PM

Maybe you didn't mean to be as condescending as you sounded, Kareng, but I will say that I have hesitated to post on this forum because I've gotten comments that I found weren't trying to be sincerely helpful. What do I know - I'm not a food scientist; I only know that I don't feel well and I don't feel like throwing my food (and money) in the trash? I'm simply wondering about the dusting and I'm not extending any conspiracy theories. I was simply looking for some support and other people's feedback, not sarcasm.
Self diagnosed because the doctors couldn't/wouldn't.

Dairy free - 2006
Gluten free - 2007
Soy free - 2008
Yeast free - 2009
Sugar free - 2009 (even cut out all fruit for a year, but now able to eat many fruits again)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,047 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:24 PM

Maybe you didn't mean to be as condescending as you sounded, Kareng, but I will say that I have hesitated to post on this forum because I've gotten comments that I found weren't trying to be sincerely helpful. What do I know - I'm not a food scientist; I only know that I don't feel well and I don't feel like throwing my food (and money) in the trash? I'm simply wondering about the dusting and I'm not extending any conspiracy theories. I was simply looking for some support and other people's feedback, not sarcasm.

I'm sorry! I was just trying to joke about the conspiracy. My relative really thinks that. Which is ridiculous. I need to stop trying to be funny.

I just see no reason they would dust something with flour unless they wanted it to stick together.

"You have problems.  There are not enough paper clips, and then you've got world hunger.  Your problems are somewhere in between." -DPR,III

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

purring-kitty-smiley-emoticon.gif

#18 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:30 PM

Thanks for your comment. It wouldn't be the mustard because I've never had a problem with that. It COULD be a gluten-free roll that I ate (I sometimes react to yeast)...I didn't think that the gluten would be in the seeds, but i thought that it might be a cc issue and they could have had contact with gluten and been dusted with it - I'm THAT sensitive...

You could always call the company and ask if they process anything with gluten in the same plant.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#19 Darn210

Darn210

Cookies!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:30 PM

Thanks for your comment. It wouldn't be the mustard because I've never had a problem with that. It COULD be a gluten-free roll that I ate (I sometimes react to yeast)...I didn't think that the gluten would be in the seeds, but i thought that it might be a cc issue and they could have had contact with gluten and been dusted with it - I'm THAT sensitive...

We don't have Wegman's here . . . were these spices in a serve yourself kind of bin? Those always scare me off.

How bad do you react? If it isn't too bad, I would probably let your system settle and try it again but without the yeast roll since you do sometimes have problems with yeast. If you are having a horrendous reaction, I would take it to some neighbors or friends and let them have it and at least get some good will out of your efforts and maybe some kind of favor down the road (mind getting my mail for me while I'm gone?)
Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: