This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Wow! Suddenly Feel Better Than Ever Before!

navigator

navigator Apprentice

Started to feel an improvement a couple of weeks ago but for a week now I've felt better than at any point in my life! I keep thinking,' this is how other people feel, I had no idea!' I'm staying awake all day and evening, I'm walking every day, no aches, palapatations or numbness/tingling. I've even worked a day as a receptionist at the place where I go for massage, reiki and reflexology.

I had to finally give up my well-paid job as a social worker due to intimidation,bullying and threatened disciplinary action by senior management due to my illness. This was the first I'd worked since May, with the exception of one week when I went back to work against GP's advice to try and prevent disciplinary action. I was so ill, I put in my resignation the following week. It felt good to be out for the day. I'm now going to work a day a week and if I continue in good health I can increase this.

We travelled about 250 miles each way to visit my daughter at the weekend and I stayed awake for both journeys. My husband and I are so happy about this - it's a first. Normally I can't stay awake on any journey longer than 45 minutes. :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Di2011 Enthusiast

Oh my isn't this the most amazing yet bizarre of "ah-ha" moments!!!??!! I had mine about 2 weeks ago. The washing up was done, clothes washed, floors clean, vaccumed and I was sitting at the table wondering what was next... "ah-ha" was this what some normal/healthy people actually do????????????????????????????

Metoo Enthusiast

I had mine yesterday! I feel so awake! I get up and go to bed with feeling like I am dragging! My stomach still is a little messed up....but yesterday I ate a bunch for lunch and felt FULL not pain! I realized that is what full is supposed to feel like!!

maximoo Enthusiast

I'm so happy for you (& everyone else who has improved!) I have a friend with a host of problems: fibromyalgia, herniated/bulging discs, scoliosis, gastro problems, etc. She has to take 50,000 units of Vit D daily! She was blood tested for celiac but it was negative. However I still begged her to go gluten-free & she finally did. Within 2 weeks the severe head/neck pain she has every single day of the yr has diminished, and her gastro problems are gone. I told her she will continue to improve. I almost feel like a Dr. b/c my advise helped. ; ) So to everyone you all will continue to improve, some more slowly than others

I wish you all the best!

Silencio Enthusiast

I would like to know how long you guys were having day to day problems before you started feeling better. I think it would be helpful to others too.

navigator Apprentice

I first started attending GP and hospital 3 years ago with debillitating fatigue. I'd had trouble with bowels, bloating, palpitations and joint aches all my life and just thought that everyone was the same and so never sought medical advice about these. I was finally diagnosed on 6th May this year and initially did not experience any improvement. At the end of August - beginning of September I started having good days/bad days. About 2/3 weeks ago I stopped having bad days and for the past week I have felt better than at any time in my life.

Hope this is the information you were looking for.

India Contributor

Silencio - I've not had such a dramatic recovery but I can tell you that I do feel much better than I used to. My recovery was quite rough as I felt rather worse before I got better. After about eight months, I started figuring out my additional intolerances (soy, corn and FODMAPs) and that really helped. If you're not feeling better yet, keep looking for answers.

Navigator - glad to hear you're doing so well!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Silencio Enthusiast

Yeah im feeling totaly fine right now, its just the beginning though. Im sure it will get a lot worse once im totally off gluten and take some in by accident.

• 2 weeks later...
navigator Apprentice

My improvement has continued and I'm still working one day every week. It feels really good to be working all day and still feel okay at the end of the day - and I now get my treatments at half-price as I work every week :)

Archived