1 reply to this topic

#1 svs

svs

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 05:41 PM

Has anyone else who couldn't handle lactose have it now that you are gluten-free? For my whole life I couldn't until now and I love dairy now! :D
SVS
Stomach issues for over 15 years; doctors initially thought it was IBS. After years of meds for that not working, I gave up!
Have had 2 negative blood tests for Celiac due to already eating gluten-free. Doctor won't do biopsy due to Aunt having Celiac; he says he's 90% sure I have Celiac too.
Trying hard to make this my lifestyle! :D

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 sa1937

sa1937

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:33 AM

I guess I was just the opposite...I never had a problem with lactose before but had to give it up when I went gluten-free. I really missed dairy products and used Lactaid milk (100% lactose-free). Then about after 9 months gluten-free, I started eating hard cheeses. I just bought regular milk and think I'm tolerating it. I'll test ice cream again soon by buying some Haagen Daz. :)

On the other hand my daughter, who was diagnosed in Aug. 2010, just gave up lactose as it started giving her problems.

I think we're all so different and unpredictable in the sensitivies we develop...or in your case, the opposite.
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: