• Please log in to reply

3 replies to this topic

K8ling

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:29 PM

I keep thinking I got glutened... I have the symptoms (Nausea, cramping, etc) but I KNOW I am not cc'd or glutened. I DID just get Mirena and I was thinking maybe it was my body reacting to the progesterone and seeming to be glutened?

Thoughts?? I hate feeling like this!!
Diagnosed with Gluten Allergy April 2010. Family history of Celiac disease and bowel cancers. Already feeling a billion times better since going gluten free.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

kareng

Kiss me! I'm Irish!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,585 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:39 PM

Read the insert. I bet those are common side effects. Sometimes they stop after a few weeks.

"We have always found the Irish a bit odd. They refuse to be English."

Winston Churchill

May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you’re dead. 

music-on-st-patricks-day-smiley-emoticon

beebs

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:36 PM

They are common side affects - and the should subside, but they do say it can take a couple of months to settle down. Nice huh??
HLA DQ8, gluten-free since January 2011

cyberprof

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:38 PM

I too think that the symptoms will go away. I have to say to hang in there...the Mirena was he best thing to ever happen to me, BC wise. I wish I had had it put in years earlier. It is worth it.
Diagnosed by biopsy 2/12/07. Negative blood tests. Gluten-free (except for accidents) since 2/15/07. DQ2.5 (HLA DQA1*05:DQB1*0201)

Son, age 18, previously delayed growth 3rd percentile weight, 25th percentile height (5'3" at age 15). Negative blood work. Endoscopy declined. Enterolab positive 3/12/08. Gene results: HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201 HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0503 Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,1(Subtype 2,5) Went gluten-free, casein-free 3/15/08. Now 6'2" (Over six feet!) and doing great.

"Great difficulties may be surmounted by patience and perseverance." Abigail Adams (1744-1818) 2nd First Lady of the United States

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: