3 replies to this topic

#1 K8ling

K8ling

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:29 PM

I keep thinking I got glutened... I have the symptoms (Nausea, cramping, etc) but I KNOW I am not cc'd or glutened. I DID just get Mirena and I was thinking maybe it was my body reacting to the progesterone and seeming to be glutened?

Thoughts?? I hate feeling like this!!
Diagnosed with Gluten Allergy April 2010. Family history of Celiac disease and bowel cancers. Already feeling a billion times better since going gluten free.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,145 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:39 PM

Read the insert. I bet those are common side effects. Sometimes they stop after a few weeks.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 beebs

beebs

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:36 PM

They are common side affects - and the should subside, but they do say it can take a couple of months to settle down. Nice huh??
HLA DQ8, gluten-free since January 2011

#4 cyberprof

cyberprof

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:38 PM

I too think that the symptoms will go away. I have to say to hang in there...the Mirena was he best thing to ever happen to me, BC wise. I wish I had had it put in years earlier. It is worth it.
Diagnosed by biopsy 2/12/07. Negative blood tests. Gluten-free (except for accidents) since 2/15/07. DQ2.5 (HLA DQA1*05:DQB1*0201)

Son, age 18, previously delayed growth 3rd percentile weight, 25th percentile height (5'3" at age 15). Negative blood work. Endoscopy declined. Enterolab positive 3/12/08. Gene results: HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201 HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0503 Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,1(Subtype 2,5) Went gluten-free, casein-free 3/15/08. Now 6'2" (Over six feet!) and doing great.

"Great difficulties may be surmounted by patience and perseverance." Abigail Adams (1744-1818) 2nd First Lady of the United States

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: