Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Condiments

7 posts in this topic

can someone tell me what brand of ketchup, mustard, and mayo are safe?! I am a newbie to gluten-free and I have messed up quite a bit this week...I am learning so much on here! Thanks everyone!

Ads by Google:

I think most of them in the US are gluten-free. Check mustard for beer. I use either Heinz or Hunts ketchup. I use Grey Poupon mustard, but read the ingredients because they may have a "beer" version.

Something helpful for you is : ConAgra (lots of brands will say ConAgra in the small print)& Kraft clearly label any gluten in the ingredients. So if it doesn't say, wheat, rye, or barley, its not there.

Be careful sharing something in a jar with a gluten eater. A knife in the Mayo could get bread crumbs in there. Squirt jars are safer or mark one for your gluten-free use only.

I think most of them in the US are gluten-free. Check mustard for beer. I use either Heinz or Hunts ketchup. I use Grey Poupon mustard, but read the ingredients because they may have a "beer" version.

Something helpful for you is : ConAgra (lots of brands will say ConAgra in the small print)& Kraft clearly label any gluten in the ingredients. So if it doesn't say, wheat, rye, or barley, its not there.

Be careful sharing something in a jar with a gluten eater. A knife in the Mayo could get bread crumbs in there. Squirt jars are safer or mark one for your gluten-free use only.

Thank you! That is very helpful. Is mayo safe otherwise (without cross contaminated knives)?

in the U.S., pretty much every ketchup and mayo is gluten-free. A handful of specialty mustards have either wheat or barley but it's pretty much listed in the ingredients. But don't use old jars that have been dipped into by a knife that might have bread crumbs.

richard

Thank you! That is very helpful. Is mayo safe otherwise (without cross contaminated knives)?

Probably. Read the ingredients. I don't eat it.

If its a Kraft or ConAgra one they will be certain to spell it out in the ingredients.

Heinz ketchup and Hellmans mayo both say gluten free on them by the ingredients on the back. All of Frenches mustards are safe. Check on the FAQ of their website.

I called Krogers on Friday to check on condiments. The lady looked them up and said their storebrand of catsup,regular whipped salad dressing,mayo,mustard and tartar sauce is gluten free.

I am new too and trying to learn what I can and can't use.