Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Favorite Gluten Free Flour Blend?

6 posts in this topic

I am pretty new to this.

I am thinking of getting better batter, pamelas baking mix or sunflour mills whole grain mix.

Or anyothers that are favorites out there.

I can't stand any of the ones that have beans in it like bobs red mill and another one I can't think of the name of it so it can't have beans in it.

I am looking for two different kinds one that is great for christmas cookies so like a white flour blend and then another for whole grain recipes like whole grain bread.

Is there any that you have as a favorite?

I was going to order Better Batter and more of the Sunflour mills whole grain mix. I did test it out on pumpkin bread and it was soooooo good!! and it was whole grain. :)

Ads by Google:

I really don't like Bob's Red Mill, it has a off taste to me. I keep two different ones on hand--Namesta All-Purpose and Pamela's Baking and Pancake Mix. I now use Pamela's exclusively for cookies, muffins, and cakes with Namesta for breads. I made blueberry muffins and gingersnap cookies over the weekend and none of our guest knew the difference. I haven't tried Better Batter as it's not available at the stores I shop at but if I run across it I am definitely going to give it a try.

Pamela's is good, but be careful if you can't handle dairy. Some of her products contain dairy. I didn't read and discovered it the hard way.

I like Tom Sawyer. (It has gelatin in it, which is great for us because we are egg free too. Not for vegans though.)

Better Batter is good.

I like Gluten Free Pantry's flour mix. It used to be easy to find around my area. I don't know why it hasn't been in the stores lately.

As for mixing your own blend, double check with the recipes.

I do love Pamela's for the package recipes.

I never use purchased blends but do my own thing. My favourites include millet, buckwheat, teff, corn, sweet potato, garfava, amaranth, sorghum, coconut and almond flours. Of course they have different properties. I often like to add flaxmeal to breads, pizza crusts and crackers for more fibre.

I use sorghum a lot. I have a blend of two parts sorghum to one part brown rice, one part whie rice/tapioca that I use a lot.