35 replies to this topic

#31 salexander421

salexander421

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 07:41 AM

Sounds confusing. This can be so hard to figure out. Be sure to consider how much of it the various family members are eating. I hope you get it sorted out soon.

Thanks for the advice :) We have been definitely eating more of it then normal with the holidays, lots of baking! It may be one of those things we can tolerate a little but not a lot of. Yesterday I made a lot with almond flour and I definitely noticed something with me and my oldest but not so much with our youngest who is usually the more sensitive one but...she doesn't typically go for much baked stuff whereas my oldest scarfs it down! After the holidays I'm just going to try using it a little and see how that goes cause, like I said before, we didn't seem to have issues in the past. But again, I know sometimes you don't notice you're reacting until you don't eat it for a while and then try it again. I'm not really new to gluten free but I'm fairly new to figuring out our sensitivities...can be very confusing! :P
Proud breastfeeding, toddlerwearing, part time cosleeping, stay at home mom. Positive for two copies of DQ8, negative celiac panel after 3 month gluten challenge; biopsy showed gastritis, inflammation in the esophagus, and hiatial hernia but no signs of celiac. Possible DH. Gluten free as of 3/11/2011

ODD 3 1/2, positive for DQ8 and DQ6, negative celiac panel after 3 month gluten challenge. Gluten free as of 3/10/2011

YDD 2, no testing. Positive for DQ8 and DQ6. Possible DH. Gluten free as of 3/10/2011

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 03:22 PM

Today: apple cinnamon almond meal muffins. Some flour, but mostly nuts, so it was fairly balanced carbs/proteins/ fats. Of course, the inlaws are over, and so two dozen muffins didn't last past lunch.
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

#33 stanleymonkey

stanleymonkey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:57 AM

my 3 yr old has gluten free pomegranate granola, rice chez, hemp hearts, cranberries, raspberries, ground flax and almond milk all mixed up in a bowl
or gluten free waffle with toffutti cream cheese

#34 Tigercat17

Tigercat17

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:50 PM

I have been reacting to Chex cereals. It is the only thing that I have added besides plain black Twinings tea. I emailed the company who makes the Chex. They are not even made on dedicated equipment. WTH? They wash/sanitize between runnings but I don't want to eat anything that they make wheat chex on. Too many chances for CC.

With that said, what do other super sensitives have for breakfast?

Thanks!

I can so relate! I react to Chex cereals too. And even Glutino. Every time I try them I get my usual gluten reactions. It's so frastraing... <_<

I have a few more ideas for breakfast for you.

1. Pocono - Cream of Buckwheat cereal (found at Wholefoods) with any berries and silk almond milk.
2. Ancient Harvest Traditional Qunioa cooked with any berries and silk almond milk.
3. Arrowhead Mills Buckwheat Flakes ( This is the only processed gluten free cereal I can eat. I can eat these once or twice a week, but I don't push it:)) with silk almond milk and peaches or berries
4. eggs with Oscar mayor bacon
5. Omelette with cheese, ham and tomatoes
6. Quick Meal- Fruit, Boost or a Lara Bar

I know there's not a lot of options for breakfast, but I hope this helps. :)
Lisa

Infertility since 1995/Endometriosis
Hasimoto Thyroid disease 1998
Enlarged Abdominal Lymph nodes since 2003 - Stable
Thyroid Hurtle Cell Cancer 2008 Stage 1- Total Thyriodectomy 2008
Anxiety/Depression/Insomnia/Fatigue - Gone with gluten free diet
Acid reflux -LPR 7-2009 - Gone with a Strict gluten free diet
Celiac disease - positive upper endoscopy & Blood Test 9-2009
Undiagnosed celiac for 20 years - Gluten free since 9-13-09

#35 Tigercat17

Tigercat17

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:01 PM

Today I got my blender out and I ground up a bag of brown rice. I use to really enjoy Cream Of Rice hot cereal but quit eating it when I found out that it was processed on the same lines as Cream of Wheat. I made some with apple juice and added some apples and cinnamon to it. It was delish! Just an idea for someone else!

I think you'll really like the Pocono Cream of Buckwheat cereal. It's a hot cereal and it reminds me so much of Cream of Rice and Cream of Wheat. It's completely gluten free. I eat this a lot and it's so good. :)

http://www.poconofoo...ocono_cream.htm
Lisa

Infertility since 1995/Endometriosis
Hasimoto Thyroid disease 1998
Enlarged Abdominal Lymph nodes since 2003 - Stable
Thyroid Hurtle Cell Cancer 2008 Stage 1- Total Thyriodectomy 2008
Anxiety/Depression/Insomnia/Fatigue - Gone with gluten free diet
Acid reflux -LPR 7-2009 - Gone with a Strict gluten free diet
Celiac disease - positive upper endoscopy & Blood Test 9-2009
Undiagnosed celiac for 20 years - Gluten free since 9-13-09

#36 Sumomo

Sumomo

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:18 PM

I love Glutenfreeda's oatmeal with a spoonful of peanut butter and a piece of fruit. Very filling and keeps me going until lunchtime.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: