Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Gluten Free Banana Bread

5 posts in this topic

Soo my brother a is a chef and his girlfriend is a baker, needless to say i lucked out!

She made me this Banana breed the other day and AHHHH it was soo good. Better then "normal"gluten free bread i swear ! I dont know where she got the recipe but i am happy she found it thats for sure.

Here is how to make it. I know there is a lot of stuff in it that we don't normally have but try it please :D

1 cup quinoa flour

1 cup ground almonds (or any nut you like)

2 tsp baking powder

1 tsp cinnamon

1 tsp ground cardamom

pinch of nutmeg

1 cup pf sugar

pinch of salt

3 eggs

3 ripe bananas

1 tsp vanilla extract

1/2 cup of melted butter or veg oil

Heat oven to 340F

Mix wet ingredients and dry ingredients together, without over mixing. Pour into a greased loaf pan, and bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick comes clean

Enjoy, I know you will :rolleyes:

Ads by Google:

Yum! This is very similar to the one I make but I add toasted chunks of pecan and flaxseed to the mix. I also roast my bananas in the oven first for extra banana-y flavour. There is just something so homey about fresh banana bread! If you thickly slice banana bread it makes excellent French toast!

Thanks for posting. It's always so wonderful trying delicious things!

I made this tonight and its awesome. I burnt the edges a bit and it's still the best gluten-free banana bread I've ever made. I am guessing the quinoa flour really makes a difference as this was my first time using it.

Thanks for the recipe.

I've made this recipe before but I didn't have quinoa flour so I think I just used an all-purpose gluten-free flour mix. It worked great!

This looks so good, and a really an easy recipe I cant wait to try this, I am thinking this would be great for Christmas morning, yummy. Thanks for sharing!