Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Iiga Ttg Testing Follow Up

3 posts in this topic

About 5 months ago, I was diagnosed with Ceiac. I had a follow up iga ttg blood test last week. My numbers are slightly lower than half of their original amount. Should I keep testing yearly? What are some other people's experiences here in this area?

Ads by Google:

About 5 months ago, I was diagnosed with Ceiac. I had a follow up iga ttg blood test last week. My numbers are slightlly lower than half of their riginal amount. Should I keep testing yearly? What are some other people's expieriences here in this area?

My number initially was 79 in February; tested this summer and were 3; tested again a month ago and still 3. My plan is to test each year in the future.

I've never retested, because my gluten reaction symptoms were soooo obvious (excruciating gut pain, bloating, gas) that I'd know if I were getting gluten. I've also been diganosed with 6 other allergens, which have pretty severe reaction symptoms. I have had a few experiences with accidental consumption, but I was able to trace everyone of those to the exact source (specific allergen).

I can take responsibility for my own body (and diet). I don't need a doctor's test to tell me whether I've consumed gluten. Instead I've spent the past 7 years getting tested for and treating all the gastrointestinal infections and autoimmune disorders, which I could have avoided had my traditional doc tested me for celiac disease, rather than labelling my symptoms "IBS" for so many years.