4 replies to this topic

#1 pain*in*my*gut

pain*in*my*gut

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:01 PM

Here is my latest delicious gluten-free creation....:)

I bought a bunch of Gluten Free Pantry boxed pie crust mixes, with the intention of making lots of pie crusts in alluminum pie pans and freezing them, because the frozen gluten-free crusts are so expensive. But I found the dough to be very difficult to work with, too sticky to get into the pie plate just right. So, I decided to take spoonfulls of the dough, press them flat on a cookie sheet, sprinkle them with brown sugar and chopped pecans, and bake them.

Then I stewed some apples with sugar and cinnamon to taste, added some tapioca to thicken the sauce, and topped the apples with the broken up pie crust pieces. Then added a few scoops of vanilla ice cream.....

Posted Image

Gluten free apple "pie" the easy way! :P
Celiac DX 9/2011 ~ Gluten free ever since
Hashimoto's Thyroiditis 10/2011
Premature Ovarian Failure 11/2010
Rheumatoid Arthritis 10/2011
Sjogren's Disease 10/2011

"The best way out is always through" ~Robert Frost

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:36 PM

Brilliant! How did you get that perfect star shape?

I'm wishing for one right now, with Rum Raisin Ice Cream on top, maybe a little chocolate.
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#3 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:01 PM

That looks so good!

#4 ciamarie

ciamarie

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:23 AM

Thanks for sharing, great idea. I was thinking about pie crust last night, after another sunken loaf of bread. I love a good pie and that looks yummy!
Gluten-free since the end of October 2011

#5 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 05:45 PM

Brilliant! How did you get that perfect star shape?

I'm wishing for one right now, with Rum Raisin Ice Cream on top, maybe a little chocolate.

On a second (blush) look, I see that the perfect star shape is the serving dish. Nice presentation!
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: