Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

We Need A New Drug

8 posts in this topic

What we need is a drug to counter react being glutened. I"d give 100 bucks for one pill or a shot right now! That would be a bargin not to have these flu like symptoms for two days, not even mentioning everything that comes after that.

Ads by Google:

They would probably use some kind of bonding agent that contained gluten as well as soy. :)

They would probably use some kind of bonding agent that contained gluten as well as soy. :)

:lol: OMG! I'm laughing so hard! That is soooo true!

I'm holding out for a Titanium digestive system transplant. I have one in his first year of mechanical engineering with a friend in bio-engineering. I'm hoping to get them working on this soon.

:lol: OMG! I'm laughing so hard! That is soooo true!

I'm holding out for a Titanium digestive system transplant. I have one in his first year of mechanical engineering with a friend in bio-engineering. I'm hoping to get them working on this soon.

That titanium digestive systems sounds like a dream come true! I want one too! :P

Ho ho!

Actually today I could use it.

Do try activated charcoal next time, assuming you don't have salicylate sensitivity like I do--I need to come up with a low salicylate alternative. The charcoal absorbs the gluten --as well as everything else--so don't do it all the time. I hear it lessens the cross contamination effect from gluten often down to 1 day. Its a hell of a lot better than 3 days or more...

Meanwhile L-glutamine helps, as does acidophilus, nattokinase, bromelain and papain. And having lots of green veggie drinks. I make mine in a blender: Parsely, lettuce, celery with a bit of water. Its a good pick me up any time actually.

Can u really tell a difference with the glutamine? i have it and always wondered if it was worth the mild nausea.

Can u really tell a difference with the glutamine? i have it and always wondered if it was worth the mild nausea.

I would not take it if it made me feel nauseous. I'd use something else if it did cause that effect. Just shows we are all different.

Bea

I take a gluten blocker that my mom got for me when I don't know if something has any CC on it. It seems to work but I've never tried it with a piece of cake or a big ole cookie.