7 replies to this topic

#1 ncdave

ncdave

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:23 AM

What we need is a drug to counter react being glutened. I"d give 100 bucks for one pill or a shot right now! That would be a bargin not to have these flu like symptoms for two days, not even mentioning everything that comes after that.
gluten free 12/11
dairy free 2/12
soy free 10/12
corn free 10/12
nightshade free 10/12

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Chad Sines

Chad Sines

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:57 AM

They would probably use some kind of bonding agent that contained gluten as well as soy. :)

#3 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,315 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:03 AM

They would probably use some kind of bonding agent that contained gluten as well as soy. :)

:lol: OMG! I'm laughing so hard! That is soooo true!

I'm holding out for a Titanium digestive system transplant. I have one in his first year of mechanical engineering with a friend in bio-engineering. I'm hoping to get them working on this soon.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#4 lynnelise

lynnelise

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:23 AM

:lol: OMG! I'm laughing so hard! That is soooo true!

I'm holding out for a Titanium digestive system transplant. I have one in his first year of mechanical engineering with a friend in bio-engineering. I'm hoping to get them working on this soon.

That titanium digestive systems sounds like a dream come true! I want one too! :P

#5 yolo

yolo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:49 AM

Ho ho!
Actually today I could use it.
Do try activated charcoal next time, assuming you don't have salicylate sensitivity like I do--I need to come up with a low salicylate alternative. The charcoal absorbs the gluten --as well as everything else--so don't do it all the time. I hear it lessens the cross contamination effect from gluten often down to 1 day. Its a hell of a lot better than 3 days or more...
Meanwhile L-glutamine helps, as does acidophilus, nattokinase, bromelain and papain. And having lots of green veggie drinks. I make mine in a blender: Parsely, lettuce, celery with a bit of water. Its a good pick me up any time actually.
Diagnosed celiac sprue as infant: failure to thrive & pneumonia-back on grains age 4. Began herbs 1971 combating chronic kidney disease/general ill health 1973. Avoid wheat family and "allergens" by 1980. Late 80's doc. diagnosed candida: cave-man diet. Diagnosed degraded myelin sheath 2006; need co-enzyme B vitamins. Discovered celiac fall 2007; finally told diagnosis as infant. Recently found I am salicylic acid intolerant. Ironically can't tolerate most herbs now. Can now eat brown rice & other gluten-free grains (except corn) & even maple syrup & now homeopathic medicine works! Am still exploring the shape of this elephant but I've made progress!

#6 Chad Sines

Chad Sines

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 05:39 PM

Can u really tell a difference with the glutamine? i have it and always wondered if it was worth the mild nausea.

#7 yolo

yolo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 05:48 PM

Can u really tell a difference with the glutamine? i have it and always wondered if it was worth the mild nausea.

I would not take it if it made me feel nauseous. I'd use something else if it did cause that effect. Just shows we are all different.

Bea
Diagnosed celiac sprue as infant: failure to thrive & pneumonia-back on grains age 4. Began herbs 1971 combating chronic kidney disease/general ill health 1973. Avoid wheat family and "allergens" by 1980. Late 80's doc. diagnosed candida: cave-man diet. Diagnosed degraded myelin sheath 2006; need co-enzyme B vitamins. Discovered celiac fall 2007; finally told diagnosis as infant. Recently found I am salicylic acid intolerant. Ironically can't tolerate most herbs now. Can now eat brown rice & other gluten-free grains (except corn) & even maple syrup & now homeopathic medicine works! Am still exploring the shape of this elephant but I've made progress!

#8 Booghead

Booghead

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 04:40 PM

I take a gluten blocker that my mom got for me when I don't know if something has any CC on it. It seems to work but I've never tried it with a piece of cake or a big ole cookie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: