Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Can A Moderator Fix Something For Me Please?

• Please log in to reply

5 replies to this topic

#1 Ellie84

Ellie84

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:00 AM

In the last two days I've started 2 new topics, both get the same error in the title. If you type something like "I'm happy" in the title, including the quotation marks, the I shows up as i and the next words start with a capital instead. Can a mod fix this for me please? It looks like a grammar error now.

The 2 topics are:

http://www.celiac.co...py-today-topic/
http://www.celiac.co...py-today-topic/
27, F, from the beautiful area of Twente in the Netherlands. English is not my first language, so I apologize for any errors.

Symptoms started in 2007, but no link to celiac disease was found until 2009. I learned of celiac disease through the internet, my doctor never recognized it. She put me on a diet before tests were done, so the initial tests failed. My GI advised me to do a gluten provocation, which had to be stopped too soon to take a reliable biopsy. Based on symptoms such as vitamin deficiencies, GI problems and osteopenia my diagnosis now is: glutenintolerant, suspected celiac disease. This diagnosis was in march 2010, and I've been so much better ever since.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:17 AM

Well, isn't that strange! I've reported this so hopefully Peter can fix it. I don't have that kind of power. :P
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

#3 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,234 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:24 AM

I know my iPad automatically corrects capatialization. If I hit to capitalize but the iPad was going to capitalize, like the beginning of a quote, it thinks I'm overriding it and doesn't capitalize. If I hit capitalize for the word I'm, it won't.

Clear as mud? Maybe that 's what's happening?

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#4 Ellie84

Ellie84

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:04 AM

All my posts were typed on a pc computer in a normal browser, so I don't think it's a software error. It seems as if all words typed in the topic title are auto-capitalised by the forum. Look at the title above. Maybe that's where things went wrong: the I has been un-capitalised.
27, F, from the beautiful area of Twente in the Netherlands. English is not my first language, so I apologize for any errors.

Symptoms started in 2007, but no link to celiac disease was found until 2009. I learned of celiac disease through the internet, my doctor never recognized it. She put me on a diet before tests were done, so the initial tests failed. My GI advised me to do a gluten provocation, which had to be stopped too soon to take a reliable biopsy. Based on symptoms such as vitamin deficiencies, GI problems and osteopenia my diagnosis now is: glutenintolerant, suspected celiac disease. This diagnosis was in march 2010, and I've been so much better ever since.

#5 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,057 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:34 AM

There are some things the board is programmed to do automatically.

One of them is to enforce the case in the title such that the first character in every space-delimited token is upper case, and the rest are all lower case. This prevents "shouting" in topic titles. But it can cause confusion when a token begins with a punctuation mark, or contains an abbreviation or acronym correctly presented in all caps, such as MSG.

I have fixed the two titles in question.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#6 Ellie84

Ellie84

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:43 AM

There are some things the board is programmed to do automatically.

One of them is to enforce the case in the title such that the first character in every space-delimited token is upper case, and the rest are all lower case. This prevents "shouting" in topic titles. But it can cause confusion when a token begins with a punctuation mark, or contains an abbreviation or acronym correctly presented in all caps, such as MSG.

I have fixed the two titles in question.

It makes sense now... Thank you :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: