Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Can A Moderator Fix Something For Me Please?

• Please log in to reply

5 replies to this topic

Ellie84

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:00 AM

In the last two days I've started 2 new topics, both get the same error in the title. If you type something like "I'm happy" in the title, including the quotation marks, the I shows up as i and the next words start with a capital instead. Can a mod fix this for me please? It looks like a grammar error now.

The 2 topics are:

http://www.celiac.co...py-today-topic/
http://www.celiac.co...py-today-topic/
27, F, from the beautiful area of Twente in the Netherlands. English is not my first language, so I apologize for any errors.

Symptoms started in 2007, but no link to celiac disease was found until 2009. I learned of celiac disease through the internet, my doctor never recognized it. She put me on a diet before tests were done, so the initial tests failed. My GI advised me to do a gluten provocation, which had to be stopped too soon to take a reliable biopsy. Based on symptoms such as vitamin deficiencies, GI problems and osteopenia my diagnosis now is: glutenintolerant, suspected celiac disease. This diagnosis was in march 2010, and I've been so much better ever since.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:17 AM

Well, isn't that strange! I've reported this so hopefully Peter can fix it. I don't have that kind of power. :P
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

kareng

Kiss me! I'm Irish!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,578 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:24 AM

I know my iPad automatically corrects capatialization. If I hit to capitalize but the iPad was going to capitalize, like the beginning of a quote, it thinks I'm overriding it and doesn't capitalize. If I hit capitalize for the word I'm, it won't.

Clear as mud? Maybe that 's what's happening?

"We have always found the Irish a bit odd. They refuse to be English."

Winston Churchill

May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you’re dead. 

music-on-st-patricks-day-smiley-emoticon

Ellie84

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:04 AM

All my posts were typed on a pc computer in a normal browser, so I don't think it's a software error. It seems as if all words typed in the topic title are auto-capitalised by the forum. Look at the title above. Maybe that's where things went wrong: the I has been un-capitalised.
27, F, from the beautiful area of Twente in the Netherlands. English is not my first language, so I apologize for any errors.

Symptoms started in 2007, but no link to celiac disease was found until 2009. I learned of celiac disease through the internet, my doctor never recognized it. She put me on a diet before tests were done, so the initial tests failed. My GI advised me to do a gluten provocation, which had to be stopped too soon to take a reliable biopsy. Based on symptoms such as vitamin deficiencies, GI problems and osteopenia my diagnosis now is: glutenintolerant, suspected celiac disease. This diagnosis was in march 2010, and I've been so much better ever since.

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,091 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:34 AM

There are some things the board is programmed to do automatically.

One of them is to enforce the case in the title such that the first character in every space-delimited token is upper case, and the rest are all lower case. This prevents "shouting" in topic titles. But it can cause confusion when a token begins with a punctuation mark, or contains an abbreviation or acronym correctly presented in all caps, such as MSG.

I have fixed the two titles in question.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Ellie84

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:43 AM

There are some things the board is programmed to do automatically.

One of them is to enforce the case in the title such that the first character in every space-delimited token is upper case, and the rest are all lower case. This prevents "shouting" in topic titles. But it can cause confusion when a token begins with a punctuation mark, or contains an abbreviation or acronym correctly presented in all caps, such as MSG.

I have fixed the two titles in question.

It makes sense now... Thank you :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: