323 replies to this topic

#1 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:55 AM

Today I made lovely gnocchi and a tomato bechamel sauce.
Raw carrots
Strawberry yogurt with bee pollen. I LOVE bee pollen sprinkled on lots of things! :D
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 bartfull

bartfull

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:10 PM

Well, the chicken didn't thaw in time so I fried a couple of eggs, mixed them in (with runny yolks) to some rice with some cauliflower and a tiny bit of leftover shredded steak. I'm still hungry. <_<

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

#3 freeatlast

freeatlast

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:08 PM

I had mozzarella cheese, tangerine, banana, white grapes, almonds, water.
Proofreader, copy editor, herb gardener and an evolving gluten-free cook.

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

#4 CarolinaKip

CarolinaKip

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:29 PM

I don't like using the microwaves at work. Sometimes I break down and use it, but today it was a cold lunch.Today I put in one long container small dark green leaf salad with blueberries and blackberries, sliced baked chicken and rice. I don't mind eating cold rice. All with a natural balsamic dressing.
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.
George Washington Carver

Blood work positive 4/10
Endo biopsy positive 5/10
Gluten free 5/10

#5 Roda

Roda

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:21 PM

I made crepes and made a turkey, ham and swiss cheese sandwich wrap. I also had some cream cheese stuffed celery.

Me:
Celiac disease(positive blood work/biopsy- 10/2008), gluten free oat intolerent, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis/Disease, Raynaud's Disease

DS2(age 9):
celiac disease(positive IgA tTG, no biopsy- 11/2010)

DS1(age 13):
repeated negative bloodwork and negative EGD/biopsy. Started on a gluten free trial(8/2011). He has decided to stay gluten free due to all of the improvements he has experienced on the diet.

#6 Judy3

Judy3

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:31 PM

I had a salad with tons of different vegetables and parmesan peppercorn dressing and a dish of baked beans. Some little bitty clementine oranges for dessert!!
*Judy

Food allergies to fish, seafood, tree nuts, aspartame(Equal),flax seed, and many drugs
Stomach issues since childhood
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) age 6-44
Diabetes age 44 to present now going back to Hypoglycemia since gluten free.
Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 2005 and it's gone now that I'm aspartame and gluten free. Hmmm
Celiac disease- negative test in 2009, positive tests in Nov. 2010
Gluten free started 11/08/2010
Genetic tests positive- DQ2, positive -DQ6 (?) negative- DQ8 11/15/2010

#7 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:31 PM

Creamy chicken soup and a bagel with cream cheese.
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#8 fantasticalice

fantasticalice

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:08 AM

Black bean and rice stir fry w/ carrots, celery, garlic, whatever was left from breakfast. Nothing empty here as I am a volume eater which is why I prep veggies on Sun, for the week. I have 10 different containers in my fridge with 5 days or so worth of "prep". I make pico de gallo once a week and on Sat I use that left over juice from the salsa and bake a huge pot of beans for the week. My goal is nothing from a can or jar except I am not a fantic, if I need something, like tomatoes, I'll use organic. Pumpkin? How easy is it to bake a pumpkin? I use a LOT of pumpkin, it's cheap if you do it yourself! You can add it to bread, waffles, pancakes, corn bread, you name it, add it! Full of Vit A, good for the eyes.

The one thing I added this year in bulk was flax. You really need flax with a gluten-free diet.

Alice
Alice in Gluten-Free Wonderland

#9 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:52 AM

My girls and I had the last of the leftover baked ziti from little ones birthday party this weekend.

#10 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:55 AM

From the roast chicken last night I made chicken salad sandwiches to go with yummy homemade roast tomato soup. Yogurt with bee pollen again.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#11 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:22 AM

Today I am making myself some roasted shoestring sweet potato fries with truffle salt to eat with my roasted carrot hummus and roasted garlic aioli. Will also have hot mulled apple cider.

#12 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:35 AM

Today I am making strawberry, banana and orange juice smoothie and having that with some turkey lunch meat..Nothing exciting but easy and good.

I like this thread. I need some new lunch ideas!

Love2Travel, how do you make your fries?

#13 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:44 AM

Today I am making strawberry, banana and orange juice smoothie and having that with some turkey lunch meat..Nothing exciting but easy and good.

I like this thread. I need some new lunch ideas!

Love2Travel, how do you make your fries?

I use my mandoline to slice into fine shoestrings (about 1/4"), drizzle with good olive oil, toss in some fresh rosemary and thyme, sea salt and pepper and roast at high heat (400) for about 25-30 minutes until very crispy. Then I remove from the oven and sprinkle with a finishing salt - am using truffle salt today. I use so many kinds of finishing salt for different things but I think it is so worth having some on hand - it makes a gigantic difference.

#14 Celtic Queen

Celtic Queen

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:00 AM

Today's lunch will be salad greens with Basalmic Vinagrette dressing and homemade turkey soup. Plus I brought an apple if I'm still hungry. The soup has leftover thanksgiving turkey, wild rice, carrots, celery, and homemade veggie stock. Now that I figured out how super easy it is to make veggie stock, I'm using a ton of it in homemade soups. Nothing better than soup when the weather is cold.

Blood tested 8-11 positive, Biopsy 9-11 negative (long story, most gastro drs. are morons)

gluten-free 7-11, Dairy Free (mostly) 8-13 - Everything but butter.  Can't live life without butter....

DS - negative blood test, just diagnosed with ADD and other learning disorders, DNA test positive - high risk

Issues related to gluten: depression, low iron, hair loss, positive ana test for lupus, low vitamin D, headache, sinusitis, environmental allergies, brain fog, GI problems, weight gain....the list goes on....

#15 ScarlettsMommy

ScarlettsMommy

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:23 PM

Delimiex beef taqutos (corn of course) they are gluten-free. Plus dipped them in Ricos brand nacho cheese. Then had some UTZ cheese curls.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: