Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

What Did You Have For Lunch Today?

324 posts in this topic

A big fat serving of Welsh Rarebit.  Oh, man... :wub:

A big fat serving of Welsh Rarebit.  Oh, man... :wub:

i would love2 have that recipe :) 

that was my favorite 'comfort food' when i was a kid - my mother made it with 2 cans of soup - cheddar and tomato.  i'm sure yours is better lolz ^_^

i would love2 have that recipe :)

that was my favorite 'comfort food' when i was a kid - my mother made it with 2 cans of soup - cheddar and tomato.  i'm sure yours is better lolz ^_^

Mine is the real deal with the Cheddar, egg, cream, Worcestershire but I did not use ale this time.  I can find a recipe if you want with actual measurements!  :P

Mine is the real deal with the Cheddar, egg, cream, Worcestershire but I did not use ale this time.  I can find a recipe if you want with actual measurements!  :P

yummsss - actual measurements (just for the first time lolz!)  i will google around if yours is in your head  ;)  many of my recipes are not written down anywhere.  my friends call me 'the swedish chef' <like the muppet)  because when i cook, i just throw stuff in a pot with seemingly no rhyme or reason.  and i never give them my recipes because they are too lazy to write them down hahaha  :lol:

I had no idea what you guys were talking about. I had heard of welsh rarebit before but had no clue what it was so I googled it. Alton Brown has a recipe for it. You know... if you're going to go out looking on teh interwebz for a recipe. It sounds delicious!

Actually, Alton's is similar to what I use. Google Jamie Oliver's. His is sublime! In fact, that is what I am making today for lunch.

wow, they all look delicious!  none with any sort of tomato, though, i wonder what my mom was thinking lolz  ^_^

wow, they all look delicious!  none with any sort of tomato, though, i wonder what my mom was thinking lolz  ^_^

Mom's can be weird. Mine definitely had some, uh, unique ideas about cooking. But omg did she ever make a killer mac & cheese! Which, if she found out I was eating a single serve microwave kind from a box for lunch today she'd disown me. :ph34r:

I had a peanut butter and strawberry jelly sandwich. :wub:

Kinda jealous, I really miss strawberries. I love them lots but they don't love me back.

It was homemade as well... just strawberries, sugar, and the stuff to make the jelly. I recently (as of the last few months) got it back.

Welsh Rarebit AGAIN but with bacon jam on the bread first. Honestly. What could be better?

Every time I read "sandwich" or "bread" or "mac 'n cheese," I freak out a little bit. lol. Then, I remember that we ARE talking gluten-free. Must be my newbie status to gluten intolerance.

I went simple and quick with tuna fish with mayo and Almond Nut Thins. Now I wish I'd had a sandwich, instead. *sigh*

Every time I read "sandwich" or "bread" or "mac 'n cheese," I freak out a little bit. lol. Then, I remember that we ARE talking gluten-free. Must be my newbie status to gluten intolerance.

I went simple and quick with tuna fish with mayo and Almond Nut Thins. Now I wish I'd had a sandwich, instead. *sigh*

Yep B)

I had some lunch meat with swiss cheese rolled up with a bit of mayo and some van's cheese crackers.....

Welsh Rarebit AGAIN but with bacon jam on the bread first. Honestly. What could be better?

lolz, love2 - i still had some of my welsh 'fakebit' left, so that's what i had, on toast - no bacon jam - but i did use the tomatoes from the garden - YES i am still having fresh tomatoes from the garden!  i picked all i could find the night before our first predicted frost, and they are ripening on the back porch.  dumb things, don't they know any better???!!!!  (my husband actually BOUGHT a tomato for salad last weekend, i was all like 'AHEM!  we have a ton of tomatoes on the back porch!!)   :lol:

Today I had a wonderful smoked salmon and. Lactose free cream cheese salad.

Today I had a wonderful smoked salmon and. Lactose free cream cheese salad.

Mmmmmm.....smoked salmon.

Carrot, onions and courgette with reice and quinoa mixture together with chicken broth I made overnight in my slow cooker...

Although it is -20 outside, I craved a smoothie. So, I made a strawberry, banana and peach one - so thick it was akin to soft ice cream.

rotisserie chicken, stir fry veggies, brown rice. Yum!

Welsh Rarebit! Can't get enough of it.

Leftover homemade pizza from last night.  I was able to roll out and knead the dough which is such a joy! 

Millet brown rice pasta with homemade tomato sauce and basil pesto.

Eggs Benedict with unctuous hollandaise to mix with the slightly runny orange yolks. Oh, be still my heart!

My raspberry, mango and coconut smoothie was delicious, even though it is -22C (windchill -33).